CD get together

susiestar

Roll With It
I would LOVE to go, but really don't think I will be up to it. Maybe this doctor will have better luck getting my bod cooperating and I can go.

I would problem fly, so I might need a ride from the airport.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie if it's in the summer.......if easy child is still on board....she and I could pick you up in cincy and then Heather on our way. That is if you don't mind sharing the back seat with an infant who loves to be talked to. lol

I refuse to drive in cincy, or any large city (makes me dizzy), so this rests on easy child. I'll call her tonight and remind her about it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - I don't much like driving in Cincy myself! There are ways around, though. Just takes longer!

Wherever in Ohio is good for me. If some wanted to start a day early and go to the AF museum then head elsewhere... I've never been to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame!

Marguerite

We'd have to win the lottery to do it, I'm afraid. But at least we have our passports... if/when we ever get to the US, husband & I have an increasingly long list of people and places we HAVE to see. Plus we have people and places to see in Europe, in Canada, in Britain... good train trips in the area will be an advantage.

Mind you, I have put my name down to compete on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" so fingers crossed that I get in AND do well.

Marg

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I would bet it's not much more expensive to fly to Sydney than to New York from here... And I've always wanted to go there!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay then -- we need to decide on a MONTH to do this. Right?

And we need someone to volunteer to research/recommend accommodations in the area. Perhaps we could get a group rate if we book at the same location and far enough in advance!

Shall we start another thread to take a vote on the MONTH to meet?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Okay then -- we need to decide on a MONTH to do this. Right?

And we need someone to volunteer to research/recommend accommodations in the area. Perhaps we could get a group rate if we book at the same location and far enough in advance!

Shall we start another thread to take a vote on the MONTH to meet?

SW Ohio, I can do some digging, between Cincinnati/Dayton/Columbus/Indianapolis. Lots of stuff in that area.

Cleveland's a bit out of my range...

I'll go pull some strings and get that thread going!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If you have in in SW ohio..........I swear to God I'll LOVE you ALL. :rofl: That's right in my neighborhood!!! And maybe I could even manage fall then.......at least to pop in and say hi to everyone. :D :D :D

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well.........I wouldn't care.........but the whole point of this is to escape our difficult children.......and you'd be crashing with 3. :rofl: (husband, Travis and Nichole)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
The earlier there is a time/date scheduled the sooner I can be on a lookout for camp or have kt spend a week with her cousins.

I'd likely fly in......heck maybe I'll drive & pick up Beth down in Iowa & head straight over.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
According to mapquest, if I start out in the TCs, I (along with Andy I assume) can pick up Midwest Mom, Wiped Out (any other in Wisconsin folks on the I94 corridor), head down into Illinois & pick up BBK, slsh & Triple JJJ then head thru Indiana & into Ohio. Sorry Beth, according to the route you need to find another ride.

Not sure my van can hold the lot of you ~ I guess Sharon & Sue will have to ride on the hood. ;)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Ooh Ooh, pick me!!!
Considering husband has got to take a couple trips, I get one.
I know he has another trip planned in August I think. But I will make this work on any other day besides his lame trip. I am pretty open. I think June would be too short of notice to get the cash together.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I just checked fares on Southwest, and I could get a roundtrip ticket in July (coming in on a Thursday and going home on Monday -- I realize not everybody can travel on those dates) for about $320. Not too bad! Only $280 if I go out of L.A.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Not sure what cities they fly out of, but Allegiant Air has amazing prices. I went back to Vegas for $89. Fun flight, too.

Abbey