CD get together

Abbey

Spork Queen
Seriously. They were gambling on board. The pilot was cracking jokes on the overhead. "I think we're over Iowa...wait, maybe it's Idaho. That would be bad. I need to check my map. I'll be back in a few." You don't know whether to laugh or be very afraid.

The stewards would come around with a coffee can collecting bills that had your seat assignment on it. Then they'd raffle. Each time the pot was larger. About the 4th time I asked a steward if this was legal. His reponse? Who cares.

It made the trip fun, though.

Abbey

donna723

Sigh ... :(

This all sounds like soooo much fun! Wish I could go but it probably ain't a gonna happen!

Combined with a serious chronic lack of $$$, I have so many other things going on this year! Really traumatic for a seriously penny-pinching stay-at-home hermit like me! Grandbaby coming in a few weeks - or maybe a few days - or maybe later on today(?) ... which means a week off work and a trip to Charleston, SC. Then, in September, a St. Louis cousin that I love dearly is planning a big blowout wedding that is swiftly turning into a HUGE family reunion - that's another trip. Then my son and I fully intend to return to Charleston for Christmas this year so we can spend it with my (by then) 7 or 8 month old grandson.

Sigh again ... Truth be told, I would rather spend a few days with the CD gang than go to this wedding, but I probably won't make either one of them. I really hope this turns in to an annual event and maybe I can make it next year. I would love to meet you all!

Last edited:

Jena

i'm in!! I"ll figure something out.

hey, is there anyway we could get a donation for this somehow through an organization or hotel on the area we pick???

Jena

i don't know, like give them ad space on here for a portion of time in exchange for a catering hall for afternoon and some flexible funds for those who are having trouble with the cash flow to get to where we gotta be??

just a thought......

Abbey

Spork Queen
Jena, they do that all the time. You just have to have a commited number of attendants. They'll block off a wing of a floor and give a great rate.

Abbey