CD members invite...it will be fun.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Given that I'm facing the dreaded body mashing (mammogram) today, I think I may try to sneak in a round of golf. You know just to psychiatric myself up to torture. :surprise: :nonono: :smile:

We're supposed to hit a high of 75 degrees today. Sounds like a plan....anyone care to join me???? :hypnosis:

Come on ladies - let's mash a few balls around the course. :smile:

wakeupcall

Can you be patient with me? I haven't hit the little white ball in so long, I'm bound to hold you up. BUT, I always hit in the middle of the fairway!! I'll be right over!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Pamela,

It's been my experience that Mike's hard lemonade helps the game - unless you talk to my dad, brothers & brother in law's.

I love a leisurely game - looking forward to seeing you. :thumb:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">let's mash a few balls </div></div>

:smile: So the mammo isn't mashing enough balls for one day? :rofl:

Count me in for the golf. I'll give it a try although you really want me sitting in the cart with Loth---I'm a dreadful golfer. lol

Suz :smile:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
What a fun group of golfers - let's not forget our sunscreen. by the way, I walk the course - more exercise.

Suz, in case you're confused - I'm the wrong gender to have any balls; there have been a couple of male doctors whom I've asked to place their testicles up on the mammogram machine. The attending nurses couldn't stop themselves from laughing out loud.

Let's just say, most of my docs are female now. Men just don't see the humor in my suggestion.

Fran

Former desparate mom
<span style='font-size: 11pt'>I'm game. Even when I was taking lessons, I was missing the ball. I gather I have pretty mediocre hand/eye coordination. I was thinking the other day how it would be fun to hit a few balls at the driving range. Unfortunately, I miss most of them and my arm hurts.
I'll go for the companionship and the cart. I'll have to push Loth and Suz out of the driver's seat though. :rofl: </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Poor Linda... :sad:...I was, uh, being symbolic (versus literal)...uh...aren't *yours* round anymore??? Too many mammos :doctor:? (get it? :hypnosis:)

:rofl:

ok...bad joke. :hammer:

Suz

I am sooo there. Terrible golfer, just love a good walk though. And a Mike's sounds awesome as well! Good luck with the smashing. I am so overdo for mine, bad girl I know!!

Have fun!
Vickie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I'm game not very good though... but I can drive it pretty far!!! husband wants to know if he can join the ladies also??? He said he will carry our bags!!! and he can tee up our balls...

I love a good Mojito...

in the sun sounds good. Thanks I needed a cyber get away...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Don't they have the Mamo's that don't "squish" so much anymore??? I thought they were supossed to be more booby friendly now a-day's... I hope so. Good luck.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Am I the only one playing????

No, Suz - mine aren't totally shapeless yet. :smile: Give it a year or two though..... (by the way, I did get the analogy - giving you a hard time :rofl:)

totoro, husband is more than welcome .... the more the merrier. Did you ladies see my last drive - I'm sure it was at least 200 yds. :smile:

mom_in_training

Nice, Linda, Your pretty good at gulf. Does playing Miniture gulf count? Lol!! :- )

Geeze I too thought that they had a painless way of doing those tests. Squish.... Squish... Ouch!! nothing like your body parts transforming into a sandwich.... Ouch!! I hate those tests.

wakeupcall

Every time I have a mammo, even my ARMPIT hurts. No wonder I've put it off. UGH!

I'm not tooooo bad of a golfer, though I have trouble carrying a bag of clubs that weighs as much as I do!! I really DO love the game. I had only gotten started when my father passed away and he was an avid golfer. He would be SO proud...just that I was giving it a go! Usually the golf clubs only allow a foursome, but we could take over the course and meet for "refreshments" at the clubhouse!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Honestly, this is the most fun I've had since, like Totoro, I lost two balls!! Heheheh

slsh

member since 1999
Well, Linda, since this is cyber golf, I'm going to bring my cyber back (I don't trust the real one) and swing away with you. It's an utterly *glorious* day here, perfect for golf... and since it *is* cyber golf, I'm sure I'll hit each and every ball just perfectly on the first try. :rofl:

Hope you had fun at the mammo. I just have to throw in that there are distinct advantages to being a stick figure. :thumb: (ducking)

On_Call

Is cyber golf anything like Gamecube Golf? I'm good at that!

Not as much exercise, though.

I'll meet you at the 19th hole, how's that?

Haven't had a mammo yet - not looking forward to it. Jeesh.

dreamer

Ugn hope they did not mash too hard. I am gonna hafta get my doctor to set the appointment for mine. SHe gave me the number but- they do not answer, all calls go to voicemail and they call back to set the appts...but I called every single day for weeks and everytime they called me back, I was gone to some other appointment or another. :-(
Golf? I never tried it, BUT.
yesterday we broke our record for high temp here, and we might have again today.the high temp for this date, anyway. It was 80 both days.
I had kidnapped easy child and we went to lake geneva and got a room at the cove....YEESH was I surprised the price was really LOW! Right near the lake, and we walked up and down the beach gathering shells and pretty stones.
It looked really incredible, becuz while the air was 80 degrees, the water still has ice on it, but it is breaking up so the shores look like giant snowcones and the gulls etc can walk around on the surface, LOL.......
we were gonna try our hand at some mini golf, but--------LOL- they sold the place last week and the new people did not have it ready to go today, yet, LOL

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm in for cyber golfing-seeing as no-one really has to see how bad I am!

The mammograms don't bother me one way or the other but come to think of it I never did schedule mine for this year! Maybe that's why it doesn't bother me!