CD Re-Union 2011? Maybe 2012?

M

ML

Well how about we narrow it down to 5 and take a vote? I would be happy to do the research and be the host in Denver if it is chosen. Also, my mom has a great house and yard with deck that we could gather at for cookouts and such.

If someone could show me how to do a vote/poll thing. We should vote for both the time of year and then the place.

So far I've heard:

St. Louis/Chicago
Colorado/Denver
Las Vegas
Seattle/Portland
S. California

I would say either summer 2011, fall 2011 or spring 2012. Is one better than the other for everyone?

Wiped Out

Staff member
Would love to but for me fall, winter, or spring are difficult. Still, whatever works for the majority is great. I'll try to be there-would love to meet more board people in real life!!

H

HaoZi

Time-wise travel isn't an option for us until after tax return next year, and I was thinking of taking Kiddo to somewhere to do a dinosaur dig.

Marguerite

HaoZi, for a dinosaur dig I would suggest either China or Australia. If it's palaeontology in general, we have some amazing sites here including research sites that take enthusiastic amateurs. Aussie winter would be a better time - look up Riversleigh.

Marg

H

HaoZi

She's 9 and I can't get a passport for her. And much as she loves dinos, she's not a fan of the great outdoors and usually has the attention span of a gnat. A half-day dig and half-day at the lab cleaning fossils should be fine for her, preceded or followed by a day at the dino museum. Trying to stretch things too much will toss her schedule and then the behavior cranks up. Besides, the best places for T-Rex digs are in the Badlands of South Dakota, and those are her favorite!
Sue is at a museum in Chicago, and she was found in Montana, which is also a possibility.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ohhh if this is in the fairly "distant" future by then I may be working a good job and be able to afford anywhere.......given I wouldn't have to work. lol I'll be a jet setter.....drag husband along to dig my nails in his arm on the plane.

Seattle.......ehh not so much.
Colorado.....beautiful.
S Carolina would be cool too.
And of course either St. Louis or Chicago.........but honestly set up against colorado and S Carolina.......Illinois sort of goes poof. lol But then I moved away because I'm not particularly fond of the state. St. Louis is a tad shabby townish....last time I was there anyway......not that impressive unless they've made changes. Sorry but I grew up in Illinois.......I just can't work up any excitement about it, except I love love love the museum of science and industry in chicago.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
And Marg the year we manage to arrange the gathering for your neck of the woods I'll beg borrow and steal to get there. I'd love to see Australia!

DammitJanet

St Louis would be perfect for me considering I think Lindsay is moving Keyana there for the next two years...sigh. I may be heading to stay with Shari a whole lot in the next two years!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Hmm... Yup, this sounds like we have too many people from too many places again!

I would love Colorado... I have family there (in fact we're trying to set up taking the kids to see my grandparents there this summer). I don't know if I could afford it, but I would certainly TRY!!!

busywend

There is no way to please everyone, so I agree going with majority will rule. I think the poll option is there when you first create a post. I will go try it and see how it works.

I would love to go to Vegas and we are probably planning that in the next year or so anyway. husband has never been there. (I think that is the first time I used husband!! cool!). Who knows - so much rests on selling & buying houses right now - we still have 2 to sell. Can't get the first on done.

busywend

ML, to post a poll just create a new thread, and move down to almost the bottom of the page. It has a section on 'post a poll'.

JJJ

1. Chicago
2. St. Louis

Tons to do in Chicago. We had our last family reunion in St. Louis and it was great -- the hotel was perfect for a large group to hang out.

Both are relatively inexpensive to get to via plane or train.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Colorado in the summer would be nice. I'm sure the summer season in the mountains would be low key and easy to get rooms. I don't know what off season prices are like in towns like Breckinridge or Keystone but at least we know there are rooms.