Votes: 3 10.7%
  • S. Cal

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Seattle/Portland

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
M

ML

Thanks Busywend! I hope I do this right.

Let's take this poll for the "where" and then we can narrow down the "when".

1. St. Louis or Chicago
2. Denver
3. Las Vegas
4. S. Cal
5. Seattle/Portland

If 1 or 5 is chosen we can then narrow it down more specifically.

This is so much fun! Thanks for letting me take the lead on this.

slsh

member since 1999
You know, you guys... if you do St. Louis, my mother would be *eternally* grateful. She's been trying to get me home for a visit for years. ;) I bet she'd even feed us. :spaghetti::sushi::morecrackers:

JJJ

I know of a great spa in St. Louis that we used for our family reunion....massages, facials....aaaaaaahhh.

M

Mamaof5

I'd love to go. I wonder how far St. Louise\Chicago area is from Northern Ontario. I believe we have the boarder crossing over near The Sault Saint Marie area (about 2 or 3 hrs from where I am). I just don't recall which state it is that is boarding us there...Chicago maybe...I know Niagara is boarding NY State and Windsor boarders the Detroit city (is that Chicago state?). I'd have to ask my hubby which state boarders our Northern area.

Hey, maybe next time we can do bush camping reunion LMAO!!!

JJJ

I'd love to go. I wonder how far St. Louise\Chicago area is from Northern Ontario. I believe we have the boarder crossing over near The Sault Saint Marie area (about 2 or 3 hrs from where I am). I just don't recall which state it is that is boarding us there...Chicago maybe...I know Niagara is boarding NY State and Windsor boarders the Detroit city (is that Chicago state?). I'd have to ask my hubby which state boarders our Northern area.

Chicago isn't a state :)

Sault Saint Marie crossing goes into the upper peninsula of Michigan. From there it is about 8 hours to Chicago, Illinois or about 12 hours to St. Louis, Missouri

witzend

I'm just saying that there will always be a larger contingent on the east coast, and that anything West will never win. Maybe we could do a West coast visit separately from the East coast? Because honestly, I'm never going to Chicago unless Oprah personally invites me.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'll call Oprah for you!

I still think Colorado should be a viable option. Maybe we could have 2 gatherings - one for the jam-packed-in Easterners, and one for y'all in the west. And anyone that can make both, SHOULD!

H

HaoZi

From what I recall of some other Canadian friends that were planning on a get-together with stateside folks, it was cheapest for them to take a train to Chicago.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm going to Seattle. It's overcast, rainy......LOVELY! That's my vote. Seattle or Oregon. I've never seen the Pacific.

M

ML

Maybe having two re-unions is the way to go. Would someone in the St. Louis area be willing to do the footwork and find us good hotel deals and put together an itinerary of sorts? I would be willing to do it if Denver is chosen (though that doesn't look likely).

DammitJanet

I know I couldnt go all the way to the west coast. Just not affordable unfortunately. I have to be able to drive there in roughly 12 to 15 hours or so.

We would love to have you guys come to Myrtle Beach!