Cellophane wrappers from cigarette packs

Discussion in 'Substance Abuse' started by Nancy, May 14, 2009.

1. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I found several cellophane wrappers from packs of cigarettes hidden in difficult child's room. We know she smokes so she isn't hiding that. What could she be hiding these for?

Nancy

2. slsh

slsh member since 1999

Hopefully she's just a slob??? I did a google on drugs cigarette cellophane wrapper - looks like they may be used as a way to package drugs?

3. Nancy

There is a reason why she is hiding them, I just can't figure it out. She doesn't hide the cigarettes so why the wrappers? Also I found a boy's wallet in her car the other day and in it there were several of these wrappers folded up in the wallet. I didn't think anything of it until I found her today.

I found the same thing on the web, but how can you "hide" drugs in a clear cellophane wrapper. And why not just use a baggie?

Nancy

4. Momslittleangels

Momslittleangels New Member

Possibly for small amounts of pot. They would be the perfect size for the tiny amounts kids buy these days. Or it could be for pills???

5. slsh

slsh member since 1999

Way out of my realm of experience, Nancy. I'm guessing baggies aren't staples of dealers? If you've got smokes, you've got a ready-made baggie. Or maybe it's BYOB - bring your own bag?

The places our kids take us to.... sigh.

6. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Well you have Cory and his home boys stumped...lol. The only thing they can think of is she is either buying or selling a small amount of pot? Maybe...could be...maybe?

7. gottaloveem

gottaloveem Active Member

I'm with Janet and Cory and the boys on this one.

8. Ephchap

Ephchap Active Member

Over my head as well, Nancy. I can't imagine - unless it is for small amounts of some type of drug. Like you said, however, why not baggies that actually close? I just have no ideas. Arghhh. These kids and their sneaky ways is enough to put us over the edge, huh?

Sending hugs,
    Deb

9. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

30 years ago these were used instead of tiny ziploc baggies for the storage of small amounts of "snortable" drugs such as heroin and cocaine.

One properly and neatly removed cigarette cellophane will hold a gram of "powder", which was how these drugs were sold for personal use.

I hope like heck I am wrong on this one, but I suspect I am not.

10. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

GN.....you really could be right because my kid and his friends arent into powder. Cory is very anti-hard drugs. He has seen the effects of cocaine and crack on some of the older generation druggies and he doesnt like what he sees. I guess that is one good thing in his favor.

11. Estone3

Estone3 New Member

Somehow stumbled upon this one page and had to make an account just to awnser this one question. I am am ex-addict three years clean now. But with being a drug user for 8 years doing all kinds of drugs out there, I learned alot of bad things. Everyone used to think of the cellophon on the cigarette packs as an extra baggie for drugs. Ranging from pot, pills, heroin mostly and anything else you can really think of sometimes. This may not be the case and she could store other things in there like money, jewelry or other small things. Anyways, sorry I hope this was not too graphic and hope the best for you and her.

12. Nancy

Thank you Estone and congratulations on your three years of sobriety. A lot has happened since May 2009 when I first posted that. My difficult child is indeed an alcoholic/addict. I now know she was using the wrappers for pot. She spent last summer in a rehab center and then relapsed shortly after release. She went on to get kicked out of our house, move in with a drug addict neighbor, lose her job, drink and smoke pot 24/7, dance in a strip club and finally hit bottom and went to a sober house where she has been since March 28. She is doing well, has accepted sobriety and is working hard at it. She recently garduated to 3/4s and has started a job working with animlas which she has always wanted to do. She is very lucky that she got sober when she did before she was arrested on serious charges and ruined her future.

I look back on those days two years ago when we were just finding out about her drug use and wonder how we all got through it. I am thrilled that you are doing so well and that gives me hope that my daughter can do the same.

Nancy

13. 1905

1905 Well-Known Member

When I was a teenager I used to put pot in those wrappers and put it back in my cig. pack, the wrapper didn't need to be sealed because it was just going inside the pack. Look inside her cig. pack on occasion. She may think everything's safe inside there, who would look in there?

14. Shizaki

Shizaki New Member

K not trying to be rude. But you should all know this...it's common knowledge. Cellophane is used on the inside of smoke packs because it is waterproof and it blocks the smell. It has a membrane from which whatever it is holding cannot pass through. That's why when you open smoke packs they don't smell unroll you rip off the foil and cellophane tin ****. I used to buy rolls of cellophane to package coke in because if you do it properly police dogs have a hell of a time sniffing it out. Tiny pieces like the ones in cig cases were used by people I knew to package tiny amounts of weed or coke for the simple reason that A: if you twist and light the cellophane it seals it making it air tight and not traceable to police dogs. And B it's tiny, it fits in your shoes, up your ass, or wherever the **** you hide your drugs. And that's the truth. Jesus if the cops where smart they'd sit and office supply stores and watch to see who comes out with rolls of just cellophane... Boom! He's a drug dealer. Case closed

15. buddy

buddy New Member

Nancy, is it kind of awesome (both sad and happy) to look back now and see your journey? You are amazing!

16. Nancy

Buddy I thought the same thing when I saw this post resurrected. At first I was going to ask to have it locked and then I thought it was good for me to look back on my journey.

Nancy

P.S. That was so nice of you to say!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011