Cgfg can't go on a school trip because she doesn't have a job. ARGH!!!!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I am really fed up with these people.

Cgfg's mom let her join an organization through school. They have a trip coming up. Cgfg had to do certain things to qualify to go. They only take 25 kids from the high school. She did what she needed to qualify. Now her mom says she can't go because she doesn't have a job or money.

She's 14. Her mom won't let her babysit. What other job can she get (I am willing to pay her, but her mom won't let her come here any extra to do it).

She let her sign up for shooting, and won't pay for that, either.

I have HAD IT with that woman.

On a side note? I wouldn't let cgfg go on this trip, either. Because she's failing 3 classes. Which, of course, her mom has NO IDEA about.

Pardon me while I scream.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
She can't read well enough to do the work in the classes she's failing...but once mom finds out, she will be grounded from everything and given no real help to gain the skills she needs.

We meet the attorney Wednesday. I wish it were tomorrow.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Cgfg has decided she wants to be here more. And since her mom can't spare a dime for the child, and her grades as they are, I agree its past time to do something.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, and the flea market they couldn't miss so cgfg could participate in her school activities last weekend? They bought more animals at that flea market. And half way through the weekend informed us we would have to give up a weekend in the future to "make up" for this extra one we took (at her request so she didn't have to miss her flea market....)

keista

Oh, and the flea market they couldn't miss so cgfg could participate in her school activities last weekend? They bought more animals. And half way through the weekend informed us we would have to give up a weekend in the future to "make up" for this extra one we took (at her request so she didn't have to miss her flea market....)
That is such a load of horse puckey! From now on, have her put the changes in writing. (you can write it up and have her sign it) She can decide at the time she's making the change if it's a trade or not.

You are a better woman than me. This one would have met an unfortunate accident by now if it were up to me.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
If she didn't have me, she'd probably be ok with doing nothing cause she wouldn't know any different.

But thanks.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Shari, cgfg's never been in trouble with the law, right?

She's old enough to CHOOSE... Just a thought. Make sure the attorney knows she WANTS to.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And she didn't go to school yesterday because she was "too tired" and grandma called her in sick.

These people irritate me. Where's her parent?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
No, she's never been in trouble with the law. We are meeting the attorney first, and then will bring her in to meet him, also, so she can state what she wants and hear from him what to expect. I am hoping we can do this without fighting her mom in court. Our thinking, right now (without talking to the atty) is to request a meeting with her mom, maybe with a mediator, ask for at least half time with cgfg (maybe more, depending on atty's take on the school situation) and not even mention child support - just continue to pay it. Spend 6 months or so with cgfg on the "new" schedule, and then file to reduce support based on the then-established "parenting time" pattern.

Her mom "needs" that CS money. She WILL fight if we put the money in the mix.

I just looked at cgfg's grades again. And I would say she has just given up in the class she's failing the worst. She's just not even doing the work now. (they are reading a classic novel, and she can't keep up with the reading....) She fails most tests and quizzes, but in the classes that are based on reading, her other grades aren't high enough to carry her like the math-based classes are. I haven't said a word to anyone about her grades in almost 2 years...but I'll be glad to point out to mama that I told her this was coming...