Cgfg is here with her new switchblade

H

HaoZi

Where? They're not hard to find or get if you're looking for them. They're still legal in a number of states.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
They're illegal here but it came from a swap meet in the ozarks. Think 'swamp people'....If you know who to ask at those things, you can buy *anything*.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I guess I should also clarify, I dont like where I'm afraid her momand step dad are leading her. They've taught her lying is a way of life. I have no doubt they will replace the switchblade when she gets back, possibly with he stipulation it is to be hidden from us. Maybe not even stipulated it not be brought here, just hidden. I don't like the kind of things that sets up in the future for a teen, and I'm not sure I want to be a part of it if/when it blows up. Cause you know, she's eventually gonna want to do something she shouldnt or that isn't legal...and what, pray tell, in her training for adulthood, is gonna stop her? And her mom just goes OFF if sh catches Cgfg breaking HEr rules... I dot think it's a good setup for a happy future...but again...I'm stepmom...what do you do?

Star*

call 911........call 911
You can buy "switchblade" type knives here at our fleamarket. They have a spring mechanism that allows the blade to pop out, when you depress a button. They look like a regular pocket knife when you carry them around. The button on the one that DF has is hidden and for all intents? It looks like a regular Case brand knife. It's one of his favorites. I hate the dang thing because I never know if I'm pushing the magic spot on the knife or not. He lifes it because the arthrits in his fingers and the callouses from years past are so bad - that this knife merely pops open and it's a nice pocket style pocket knife.

As far as a regular switch blade that I think of switch blade? I think more of a straight edge razor or a dagger type knife ---thinner, sharp on both sides. Just about any of the flea markets here sell those too, and brass knuckles and nunchucks, and other things that I know for a fact are illegal to possess in this State. HOWEVER when you ask the people selling them "HOW can you sell this junk? Like the brass knuckles?" They will flat out tell you "Those aren't brass knuckles like Mobsters and heavy hitters carry - like you're thinking of (and oh yes, they are) those are just for decorative purposes." Well moron - if my son gets pulled over with a set of those 'decorative' knuckles in his car isn't that a felony? .....(dead silence) So yeah - they can sell anything they want, and describe it as decorative - but you get caught with it in your car or on your person or GOODNESS FORBID in your backpack in school - and WOW - someone is going to be suspended for the enitre year or go to prison. Each state has their own laws....like I know here in SC guys ride around with their rifles in gun racks in their trucks and no one thinks much about it here out in the country. But if I did that in Virgina? I'd go right to jail. Same with radar detectors.

Plain and simple CGFGs mother - is an nincompoop. I swear I'd call DEA and report her produce business.

DammitJanet

yeah you can buy all kinds of things at flea markets...lol. I dont think the switchblade I smuggled in was sharp on both sides now that I think back on it. heck, I dont think it was all that sharp on either side.

Tony has always carried a small knife. When he was growing up, all the boys carried a pocket knife to school...it was just done. No big thing. No one used them as a weapon, they lived in the country. Guys had rifles and shotguns on racks in their pickups in the school parking lots. Can you imagine that today? LOL. I remember those even in my HS parking lot in VA.

I dont have a clue how it is in other parts of the country but down here I drive around at least part of the year with a shotgun or a rifle in the trunk of my car because Tony has gone hunting and left it there. Its perfectly legal as long as the ammo is in another part of my car. Normally he puts the ammo in the backseat or the glove box, depending on what type it is.

I was also going to say that those greenhouses didnt sound like a large growing operation. No one would be that stupid to grow a large crop in a huge greenhouse in their back yard...lmao. Duh.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH YES they would - the kid two doors down from us - grew the M plant right IN with his dads tomatos.....for YEARS!!!! Then he took it and hung it upside down in his garage.....HUGE gigantic plants that grew nearly over the top of the back of a ranch style house - EVERY year....and yeah his Dad knew exactly what he was growing and drying in the garage. - so yeah they are THAT dumb. Except DEA is NOT that dumb.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yes Marg, that's pretty much it. Except she's harmless and doesn't realize it's not 'stuff' or 'size' that makes me (or anyone else) happy. An ultimately, that's what she's after. But she's a sheep, for sure. She's 40, and hasnt been without a man (and assuming all of his passions) since she was 16.