Champagne Tastes, Beer Budget (Holiday Shopping Support!)

JJJ

Since many of us seem to have the same issue of beer budgets and kids with champagne tastes, I thought we could have a thread about what deals we were looking for and what deal we had found. Maybe we can all find the deals the others need!!

JJJ

If you see any great deals on

Uggs (or quality imitations)
Beats by Dr. Dre
PS3

Please let me know!!!

P

PatriotsGirl

I saw Beats was going to be on sale on Black Friday for 135 on bfads.net. Though that still seems crazy to me for headphones!!!!

PS3 will be on sale for 199 - found that on that website as well. husband and I will be camping out for the Xbox Kinect bundle for 199.00 - not for the kids, but for us. ;)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I got Nichole's Ugg boots wannabe's at a mall xmas sale, not black friday, just close to xmas we gotta move this stuff sale. I paid 5 bucks and she adores them, could care less they're not ugg.....they're comfy and cute. lol Wishing to heck I'd gotten me a pair while I was at it. While I know that isn't much help at the moment, I have a feeling stores are gonna be pushing stuff hard this year.

klmno

I was making a list of where I saw the best prices on things. Most of you probably aren't looking at the same things since mine was focused on moving to a new place, not Christmas gifts. But 2 that come to mind off hand are nice TV's at Costco and artificial Christmas trees at Walmart.

trinityroyal

Step, at the "regular" retail stores around here, the list price is $400 per pair for the short ones. Comparatively, $100 is a steal.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Trinity, I just swallowed my tongue.

I do have a pair of $100 tennis shoes. Specially fitted to my feet. I had issues with plantar fasciitis - the shoes are over 6 years old now. ONE pair.

The rest of my shoes? It makes me cringe to pay over $20 for a pair. Even that's a lot for sandals, to me.

Oh... I have a pair of $180 cowboy boots... But they're handmade.

KTMom91

Big 5 usually has a good selection of "Fuggs" (fake Uggs) for good prices. Old Navy has more styles/colors than the basics.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Gamestop is good for used games for the XBox, Playstation and Nintendo DS, DSi & DS3D.

Stocking stuffers - dollar store & Odd Lots. Works better for girls, but... Yarn is sometimes a find either place, too, for those who crochet or knit.

TJ Maxx and Marshalls are awesome for unusual stuff.

InsaneCdn

Trinity - its the "usual".
Those blanketty-blank Americans get ALL the good deals.
"We" don't have a big enough market base, so WE pay through the nose on EVERYTHING.

<sniff>

At least I don't have to spend THIS weekend being THANKFUL. Right?

Step - seriously. Unless a retail place is clearing out their "end of line" stuff and you get lucky at Goodwill... I can't get shoes I can actually wear for under $150, and most would be over $200. Been trying for 2 years to get decent winter boots (i.e something I can wear with a dress coat) at a price I can afford... no luck (daughter gets this all the time, but her feet are "bigger than average"... I'm just too "average" for anything to hit the Goodwill shelves...)
Couponing for groceries? If I bust my backside at it, I can save $5 per week. Max.

You had BETTER be thankful this weekend!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
HOLY SMOKES, IC!

We go to Gabriel Brothers, DSW, and other "seconds" places... I paid $25 for Jett's tennis shoes... They're $95, normally...

P

PatriotsGirl

HOLY SMOKES, IC!

We go to Gabriel Brothers, DSW, and other "seconds" places... I paid $25 for Jett's tennis shoes... They're $95, normally...

Gabriel Brothers is called Rugged Wearhouse down here - LOVE that store!!!!!

UGGs right now.....go to bradsdeals....that site has the goods on UGGS, where to get them cheap. I saw them on thre today. But if you check back there often, you'll see them at great prices most every day.

Ladies, here's a GREAT teen or ladies gift. Yesterday I was in Michael's arts and craft store. I saw this cool glass pendant, they had so many, it was $2.99. I bought some black imitation leather cord for $1.99 for 2 yards (that was in a package)....I made this necklace with it (how easy is that?) and I have never gotten so many compliments on anything. I only wore it today. I have a lot of that cord left. It would be an awesome gift, these type of things are expensive, but you can make one cheaply and anyone would love it. It's just tied. I also bought this turqouise circular bead, it looks like a washer, I plan to wear that one tomorrow (same price). I just thought I would share an easy and inexpensive gift idea.

Check often on this site called hip2save, they have some really great bargains and freebies. You have to check everyday.

trinityroyal

Unless a retail place is clearing out their "end of line" stuff and you get lucky at Goodwill... I can't get shoes I can actually wear for under $150, and most would be over $200. Been trying for 2 years to get decent winter boots (i.e something I can wear with a dress coat) at a price I can afford... no luck (daughter gets this all the time, but her feet are "bigger than average"... I'm just too "average" for anything to hit the Goodwill shelves...)

InsaneCdn, I feel your pain. I see the threads about coupon stacking and just shake my head. Even if I bother to clip them, the store brands are usually less expensive so it's a waste of my time.

As for shoe shopping, have you tried Aldo online? Untitled Document
Their prices are FAR lower than the in-store prices (I suppose because they're not subject to the mall markups), and they have sales All. The. Time. They seem to have a good selection in stock in a broad range of sizes. Free shipping, and their delivery is unbelievably fast. Best of all, if you're not sure of the fit, you can go into the store and try on the shoes, and then order them online to capitalize on the lower prices.

klmno

I used to have so much fun getting stocking stuffers for difficult child. I'd get him Old Spice cologne (it made him feel older, LOL!), tickets to some place he'd been wanting to go, a small kit from the stand near the cashier at the bookstore, a mimi-jigsaw puzzle, mints like he liked, ball cards for his collection, batteries that would be needed for his other gifts, and one big candy cane to hang over the side. I'm going to go wipe my sniffles now. LOL!