changes to site?

dreamer

I get nervous when things change becuz very often when a site undergoes change it blocks me from being able to interact with my Web TV. So, if I "disappear" - that might be why.
The new thing where we have to enter a string of letters and numbers in order to do a search is not easy from Web TV, maybe my screen picture does not have enough pixels or something technical, becuz the numbers and letters are not usually clear enough for me to distinguish them in order toidentify them and copy them into the box. :-(

LOL, I was giggleing when I went to read a thread and the order in which the thread showed up on my screen was again different, LOL.

THe site looks GREAT, but, I am just nervous......and wanted to let you know

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Yeah, I got on earlier and noticed some changes, then noticed I couldn't reply, no message box.......then noticed I wasn't logged in.......thankfully on the fourth try to remember my password I was in........but don't know what I would do if I couldn't get my "forum fix"........

Star*

call 911........call 911
AH HAH _____

IT IS NOT JUST ME!!!!!!!!
Conspiracy theory #12 laid to rest.

(bwah ha haaaaaa) - Um youze guys - nothing has changed.

dreamer

Um, I never had to copy a string of letters and numbers into a little box in order to do a search before.....YUP, thats new. I am sure it is. I do not understand WHY we have to copy those letters and numbers in order to be able to do a search, but, early this morning that is what the site wanted me to do. (and as usual when I encounter one of those boxes, I could not tell on too many of the letters if they were caps or lower case, so after several tries, I gave up)

R

runawaybunny

Sorry for any inconvenience. I installed a software upgrade last night which the developers described as providing fixes for 157 different little software bugs...

As far as I know there aren't any feature differences but there are some improved security and technical functions.

Dreamer, I think that as long as you're clearing the cache on your webtv by unplugging it every once in a while you should still have access to this type of software. We don't use flash, shockwave or anything overly complicated. As far as I know you shouldn't have to type in anything to search if you're logged in. I'll double check the settings for that to make sure it's set up correctly.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Drat! - (sorry Dreamer) just once I'd like to be NOT the only one. lol :surprise:. I was having problems last week - (hence the new log in name Dances with Wolves) and Cheryl worked very hard to help me fix it. In the mean time - it was jokingly suggested that IT (the changes) were ONLY ME - and it's a conspiracy. (all a huge joke) - but I have my quirks.

Hugs
That's were we got the term ROTTEN COOKIES from.

KTMom91

This is my sixth or seventh attempt to post this morning...had to reset my password and log in I think four times. It's all a blur...

KateM

I had problems, too -- was logged out( not by me) and had problems with password. Thanks, Cheryl, for fixing it all. And thanks for giving us this soft place to land!

SaraT

I am having to log in every time I come on. It no longer saves me as logged in. Is this going to be the norm from now on?

R

runawaybunny

If you check the remember me box before you log in the cookie should should enable you to stay logged in between visits.

Please try clearing your browser cache and cookies.

trinityroyal

I do not understand WHY we have to copy those letters and numbers in order to be able to do a search

That little string of letters and numbers is called a Turing test. Did you notice that the letters and numbers were kind of squiggly and distorted?

Lots of websites use it as a security feature. The letters and numbers are not machine-readable, so they are verifying that a human is at the computer, rather than some sort of automated search-thingy.
(Well...that's as much of the technical explanation that I can remember, from what husband-the-Network-Architect told me)

Trinity

KTMom91

After several tries, I learned that those little letters are case sensitive...I also cleared those naughty cookies and I'm all better now.

dreamer

THank you Cheryl...Turns out I had gotten logged out, and when I loggged back in, it was back to "normal"
I just hate those strings of case sensitive letters and numbers, tho becuz web tv just does not handle it well, darn it. :-(
BUT now that I am logged back in, - it's not a problem. YAY!
I think Ms Pac Man came and ate the cookies.