Charlie Brown Christmas...

witzend

...is on tonight. 8 PM. I love that program. Maybe it makes me an old lady, because I remember it so fondly from my childhood. As an adult, I appreciate the simpleness of it's message regarding "what Christmas is all about".

Snuggle up and watch with someone you love!

Mom2oddson

This is the second time it's been on this year. I love it. And Charlie Brown Christmas had it's 45th anniversary this year.

Besides the Christmas memories, it has another happy childhood memory. My Grandparents got Charlie Browns Christmas on an LP for my sister and I. My sister is mentally handicapped so she didn't understand a lot of words but understood the emotions of things. She listened to that record over and over everyday for over a year. I watched it with her during the earlier showing. :D

tiredmommy

Our church's kids are singing Hark! The Herald Angels Sing in the pageant this week. We love A Charlie Brown Christmas so much that Duckie actually talked the parish music director into having them sing the hymn Charlie Brown style.... :rofl:

witzend

Rats, Lisa! I actually have and play the Vincent Guaraldi "A Charlie Brown Christmas" cd. It includes the kids singing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing".

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's ok. I have it on both vhs and cd. The kids grew up thinking I bough Charlie Brown, Frosty, Santa Clause is Coming to Town. Rudolf ect for them. My grandkids think I have them here for them. I share but they are mine, it's just not xmas without them when you've watch them every year since you can remember. :rofl:

nvts

Ok. I love Charlie Brown Christmas too. It really does remind me of being a kid, laying on the family room floor and watching it on the black and white (we were SERIOUSLY behind the times!). I fondly remember the Dolly Madison commercials that sponsored it every year.

The kids and I watched it tonight, and I have to admit, "toughie" that I am, every year I get teary-eyed at Linus' speech. It's beautiful and I swear it touches my soul.

Beth

donna723

... and on that same note, have they started showing "A Christmas Story" on any of the channels yet? If they have, I've missed it. I've probably seen it a thousand times and I know every word by heart, but it's just not Christmas without "A Christmas Story" and Ralphie and Randy.

Star*

call 911........call 911
...is on tonight. 8 PM. I love that program. Maybe it makes me an old lady, because I remember it so fondly from my childhood. As an adult, I appreciate the simpleness of it's message regarding "what Christmas is all about".

Snuggle up and watch with someone you love!

If it makes us old ladies - then it makes us FANTASTICally, DECENT, KIND, THOUGHTFUL, MORAL human, old ladies Witz - I loved it so much I bought the tape so if I miss it? I have it - and watch it more than once a year. The simple message of Christmas just never gets lost in that show. I love it. Thanks for the heads up.