Charlie Sheen, a familiar feeling?

Nancy

I may be wrong but I thought his wife was in rehab. I know she has a drug problem too. It's all very sad but those kids should not be in that environment.

Nancy

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Just heard on the news that one of the "goddesses" is a woman from the local area where I live...... Sounds like she has her own issues, but the media is now knocking on her family's door....... they aren't answering. Sympathies to them.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Wouldn't want to have lived the upbringing in the public eye, nor the celebrity status he has. Too many temptations for a person who has a average person dilemmas and tons of resources to support anything that crosses your path. Substance abuse and mental illness. How about that for a full days work? We all know that is a hard battle to wage. Toss in that the guy is brilliant in his work...needs his work...blah, blah. The worst thing you can take away from a person who is dealing with these issues are those things that make you function and not self-destruct.

I found it interesting that the mom who fought for custody was partying in the Bahamas with Sheen and his 'goddesses' just a few days before this all happened. Yeah...that's a great placement.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the man, but when you put the WHOLE picture together, I understand some of his choices. His kids were always cared for, albeit in a way that is not the most comfortable for a lot of us. haha... know I didn't have two nannies watching over me growing up.

I completely empathize with someone who has not been properly treated for whatever mental illness they may have. There is no one on Earth that would deny that I don't have major depression. I've tried and tried for proper medications with no success.

Susbstance abuse is another issue. For many, it's just drying out for a LONG period, then moving on with their life. For others, its a much deeper thing where you have to examine the past and learn how to deal/cope with things. Hate me, but I agree with much of what he said about AA. Never worked for me...never will, but if a court orders it, I'll go with my sarcastic attitude in tow. That is not helpful for anyone involved.

What society doesn't ask is - WHAT DO YOU NEED? Not, complete this course, and that...then you'll be fixed. That's bull crud.

In the end, I hope he gets what he needs for his drug issues (only he can say that) and a great doctor that will help him through whatever mental issues he has. When he finds that, give me the doctor's name. ;)

Abbey, the pot-stirer

H

HaoZi

Just heard on the news that one of the "goddesses" is a woman from the local area where I live...... Sounds like she has her own issues, but the media is now knocking on her family's door....... they aren't answering. Sympathies to them.

I've been hearing that around here, too. If DUIs were mentioned, you may live near us.

Jena

ok i just watched the videotape. to me it sounded like a very angry, enraged yet very smart and resentful guy who just wants those who hurt him to feel his wrath now. mental illness yea ofcourse to some extent that goes with-o saying and as we know with mental illness all too many times comes brilliance. he's quite smart, speaks well and well it didnt' hit me the way it hit everyone else.

it is what it is. he's one angry guy

Jena

and why would they take his children away for what telling off the world? like someone else said Denise Richards is that better?