Chat...please be careful

Nancy

I was just solicited through our chat feature by a ReMorris from Bangladesh who said some very inappropriate things to me. I shut the chat feature off my screen and reported it to cheryl. Please be careful and don't respond to chats if you do not know who the person is.

Nancy

tiredmommy

I agree, Nancy. Also, please be sure to use chat options to block offenders and send a personal message to me or Cheryl (runawaybunny) so we can deal with the offending person.

Nancy

Thanks TM. I was so taken aback I couldn't find the ban feature. LOL guess I'm not too good in a panic. I kept thinking he was taking over my computer.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmm. I had a chat message from this person too.

First, I was like wth?? Because I forgot we now have a chat option. lol

Then I did a who the heck is this person?? But when I went to say hello back they were offline.........so evidently that is a good thing. :)

Guess I will only chat with members I'm very familiar with.

tiredmommy

Cheryl and I do the actual banning, but members can block another member from chatting with them by clicking on the options button when you are in chat with that member.

DammitJanet

You must be one hot mama! Just remember to ignore people who want to get a rise out of you. I know its shocking but they are pathetic little critters who have no life.

When I first got my computer and first used a chat program called Netmeeting it allowed people to send live video web but I didnt have a video camera but this other person did. He hit up my number because I was on dial up. I clicked on his invite because I was an absolute newbie to the world of computers. I saw this skin colored thing filling up my chat box. I didnt know what it was! Well Im sure by now you can imagine what it was...lol. Unfortunately for him he had to zoom the camera in so close to himself so anyone could actually see the said body part that it was unrecognizable in the end! Poor man.

buddy

I didn't know that either
On my phone I've suddenly had weird names pop up to chat and I'd never seen that in the year plus that I've had the phone. Is that from this app? Hope I didn't offend anyone here if I ignored you ever ....