Chat room???

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by klmno, Feb 1, 2011.

1. klmno

klmno Active Member

I saw it in red so clicked on it but I just got another window opened showing the typical forum list. Call me stupid, but what is this and how does it work? I mean, I know what a chat room is but is this supposed to just open up another window showing the list of categories?

2. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

I was doing that, too, lol. Guess it's still under construction.

3. shellyd67

shellyd67 Active Member

I did the same thing guys. I guess I will check it tomorrow and see what's up. Goodnight girls ! Shelly

4. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

I just saw that too when I logged on!

Nancy

5. ctmom05

ctmom05 Member

Yahoo groups are adding chat rooms, too(again)

6. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

I must be blind or unobservant, but it would be nice!

7. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

I will check with runawaybunny. I knew she was making some updates to make the site load faster, but I do not believe she was turning on Chat Rooms.

Will get back to you.

8. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

The link isn't there now.

9. runawaybunny

runawaybunny Guest

We have a chat room set up and ready to go, but before enabling it I want to get the site set up so that the pages are loading quickly.

A couple of mods have recently experienced slow page loads and difficultly logging in. I am unable to replicate this on my end so it's difficult for me to figure out what is causing these issues. It could be a regional issue coming from our content delivery network, or it could be something else.

Anyone else experiencing slow page loads or difficulty logging into the site?

10. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

A few days ago I had a problem with it always taking me to the first post instead of the most recent unread, though that seems to have resolved itself. I have noticed a slow-down in loading, but it's sporadic now (I thought it was my comp).

11. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Mostly, and just in the last little bit, I've noticed a delay in posting... If I Alt-Tab to another window, then come back, it's done. Otherwise I wait, and wait...

12. klmno

klmno Active Member

I just got home from work but I don't see the link anymore to get to it.

13. jal

jal Member

Slow loading most of today.

14. runawaybunny

runawaybunny Guest

I'm going to do a server work tonight to see if I can shake out whatever is sticking and hanging the page loads up.

I'm also going to move us to a new ip in case there is a conflict between our server and our cdn so there may be a little down time while the DNS updates around the internet. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will help speed up the page loads.

15. klmno

klmno Active Member

No rush- I was just curious. You're doing a great job!

16. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

I used to know what you were saying but now you are talking greek...lmao. Somewhere I lost my mind. Has anyone seen it?