cheap ideas for husband or s/o for v-day

Let's share, I'm going to leave a small bag of Reeces pieces in his truck for him to find in the morning with a note that says, "I love you to pieces". I'll make him a heart-shaped cake when he goes to work. I'm putting a lollypop in his lunch that says something corny also. I have a card (free) for him and am taking out a favorite meal for dinner. I don't like to go out, too crowded. I'm like a little kid because he could care less I'm sure. I know we all have way more important things to worry about as well.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Mine is very "Don't buy me anything." Got him a card from me and Storm anyway. Might cook a nice dinner and I have this really big red bow leftover from Christmas that matches some underwear I have so maybe I'll make a present of myself once she goes to bed ;)

We've decided to go out for breakfast as a family on Saturday instead.

susiestar

Roll With It
I picked up $1 tshirts with funny sayings at WM about 4 am today. Plus some over the shoe thingies to make it easier to walk on ice for husband. I thought about candy, but husband doesn't eat much of it. Wiz' shirt says, "How can I think outside the box when they won't even let me out of the box?". My mom's is, "Teamwork is a group of people all doing what I tell them to do." Jess gets one with a big arrow pointing up that says, "I'm with Awesome!"

S

Signorina

I have no idea

I spent all day Sunday baking and sent a big Valentines care pkg of cookies & treats to pc18,and smaller ones to my niece, nephew, pcs girlfriend and my mom on Monday. Of course, I kept a huge plate for home too- but they're almost all gone!

I used to make h assorted baked goods - but with all the baking I did over the weekend; it doesn't makes sense. Plus the kids are more likely to eat them than h! About 12 years ago, I started giving him something red. Usually to wear; though one year I special ordered 2 bottles of red wine that we had enjoyed in Italy. Last year, it was a picture of us on a red matted frame. I think I will get him a red flannel or fleece shirt this year- his current cozy shirt has seen better days! Probably from old navy- hoping they have some. If not, I'll wing it; nothing like waiting til the last minute!

I also have a tradition of giving my kids new water bottles each v-day, because it's so close to the start of the spring sports season. I sent one to pc18 in his box and have nyla bottles for pc15 & difficult child - will add candy too!

DDD

LOL, HaoZi. My husband still smiles when he recalls a Valentines Day in the past when all the kids were gone I tied red ribbon on the inside of the front door with a smiley face saying "Follow Your Heart". I was a distance away but had bows all over me and a big smile on my face.

Best of all none of the kids came home unexpectedly! He still refers to his "best gift". LOL DDD

TerryJ2

Aw, cute idea about "love you to pieces."
LOL about the box shirt. Love it!

I guess it makes it cheapt that husband and I are going out to an "expensive" restaurant with-a gift card from one of his patients, lol. :) I'm thinking that even though it's a nice big gift card, it will pay for our salads. I kid you not. We may come home hungry.

We've had bad luck with-our fave restaurants in the past. One place we went to 3 yrs in a row for our anniv and Valentine's Day, and every yr, something bad happened. husband requested no sauce or butter, and they'd have to redo the order. And redo the order. And redo the order. I finished my meal and he hadn't gotten his yet! Another yr they spilled the entire tray down the front of his shirt.
So this yr we're just hoping to get out the restaurant alive!
Which is one reason we chose another place.

I got him a Mannheim Steamroller love songs CD. At the drugstore. :) I didn't know that they had anything besides Christmas music. :)

I also bought difficult child a Valentine card. It's got a picture of a guilty looking dog in a room, totally filled with-unrolled toilet paper.
It says something like, I love you even though you're messy.
I hope he thinks it's funny and doesn't take it personally.

I gave in the other day and bought his girlfriend a stuffed bear with-a heart, at the grocery store. They both gave me the big, sad, begging eyes and I am a softie.

I got husband a card from the cats and already gave it to him. I placed it on the pillow in bed. It has a picture of a cat and says, "There's no one else's face I'd rather sit on."

cubsgirl

I forgot to pick up a card while I was out today - I'll have to get one tomorrow after my doctor appointment. UAN - I loved your ideas and I love the other ideas too. husband is not the romantic type at all but he always puts such thought into gifts (birthday, Christmas, Valentines) and he always hits a home run so I'm looking forward to tomorrow! He never wants a store-bought gift from me (in fact, he would make return it if I did get one) but I'm going to bake his favorite Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and tie it with a red bow!

Californiablonde

I got my SO a heart shaped box of his favorite Reese's peanut butter cup candies plus a really nice card that totally expresses how I feel about him. I couldn't afford much this year. I am not expecting much from him seeing as he never got me a card or gift for my birthday or Christmas. He's not a very romantic type. He may prove me wrong but I don't think so.

JKF

I got husband a big box of his favorite chocolates and for a personal touch I designed and put together a hand made valentine card this year. It has two hand illustrated folk artsy looking owls and underneath it says "owl love you forever" lol. It turned out really really nice! I'm excited to give it to him.

TerryJ2

The cheapest, best idea yet--was FREE! Just a few min ago, I made myself a cup of tea and went to look out the window. I was greeted by the most fabulous sunset across the water, first orange, then red, then hot pink, nearly purple. Amazing and beautiful. And absolutely free.