Check in time for midwesterners!

JJJ

All fine here, although I couldn't get to Kanga's Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for the staffing today; but neither could anyone else from this distance so the meeting became a conference call.

Andy

A blanket of snow on the ground. Our sweet goldendoodle puppy isn't too sure of that - she barked at it when I took her outside. It will be interesting to see her reaction when I take her out in the morning.

The winds are very strong though they may have gone down some. I suppose they will polish a sheet of ice over the roads tonight. Tomorrow will be interesting.

Sounds like many places have it worse - no thunderstorms or downpours here - just wind and rain/sleet/snow but still visibility.

slsh

member since 1999
All good here (now). Lost power for most of the day. A ton of branches, but we didn't lose any big trees near us (knock wood). Sirens started going off right at 8:00 a.m. Turns out there was a small twister 2 towns away. I asked Diva if they lost power at school, and she informed me that the school has a generator. She found that out because the kids were asking their science teacher a lot of weather questions since they had a tornado "drill" first thing. I was *really* glad to hear that the SD did the right thing - apparently didn't even let the kids go to their lockers, just announced they were all to go their homerooms, drop their stuff, and take cover. I did keep Boo home because I worry about him being on the bus and something happening (he's got about a 15-mile trip to his program). No point in putting him in harm's way. Debated sending the other 2 to school, but... my mother's tornado paranoia affected me badly and I'm trying not to do the same to my kids, so I got them off to school okay.

I am getting too darn old for this, LOL. I've never enjoyed big storms, though have lived in the Midwest half my life, but it seems they're freaking me out more as I get older. Plus, can't get Boo into the basement anymore, so I park him in the center hall and cover him with- my body.... stressed out, LOL.

Supposed to stay windy for another day, but at least no storms.

DammitJanet

News this morning shows the line coming up the east coast now from Atlanta through Charlotte, Raleigh, Richmond, Difficult Child and up into NE. I have no idea if its going to make it over to the coast or not. We did get a relative heat wave on the front end of this. Seems like it pushed all the warm air from across the country straight over to the ocean like it was sweeping it away like a broom!

Mattsmom277

It is very bright and sunny, and unseasonably warm here today. We are under a wind warning right now, I have window open and can hear the winds going through the trees and trapping between houses. Garbage day in this area, I keep hearing cans flying up the road. With wind gusting up to 90 an hour, I'm shocked the sun is shining so beautifully

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yesterday the school just about drove husband insane. lol (I was napping due to this lovely virus) First they called to say they would be holding the students due to the severe weather..........we were under a tornado warning for evidently a longish time when the front hit. Then he said 10 mins later they called back to say the kids would be released on time............But then they were almost a half hour late to the bus stop due to the weather. ughhh No tornadoes but really super high winds and heavy rains.

Nichole got hit hourse before we saw anything. Her sirens went off and she could feel her whole apartment building shuddering in the wind. Scared her silly. I was chatting with her via facebook. She couldn't find a single safe place in the building to take Aubrey and finally settled on the apartments bathroom. Worries me a bit because their apartment is on the 2nd floor.

Beautiful day today though. But tomorrow is supposed to be high winds again. Thank goodness Nana has opted out of trick or treating this year. lol

Mattsmom277

The winds are stir strong here although down a bit in the last hour or so. The winds just got steadily stronger all day. There are trees down and power outages through about 50% of our city. We finally had pour back when we got in. It was so long and quiet and we couldn't cook without power, so tried a new restaurant and did some shopping for christmas presents in a area that had power. Hope everybody's weather is improving

Andy

I think we are done here - Keeping difficult child home from school guaranteed a calm day - no problems - no storm! - I called the school at 9:30 and said, "We are still in a winter storm warning so difficult child will not be going today". The forcast was way off on this one - no snow at all today! I stayed home because of a headache and strained eyes which I am sure are migrane related due to the change in barometer pressure. My headache and vision problems stayed all day strenghtening at 2:30 but I did take difficult child to bowling team practice since the roads were cleared by then, no more storm warnings, and I didn't have to "think" while there, just watch! :)

mstang67chic

Going Green
Guess I should have checked the board yesterday or the day before! LOL A little late, but we're fine too. We will be, however, getting a new roof on the covered patio and new shingles on the back section of the house! :bigsmile: The storm did just enough damage to get it replace but not so much that the damage is into the interior of the house. Now....I just have to come up with a design for the patio roof/covering. The current (damaged one) is an aluminum roof that's probably 40 years old. Suggestions?

Whymemom...I wondered how you fared. I saw that North got more severe damage. Glad you're still anchored there!