Checking In . . . Got the Book

LoneStar14

Hi Guys. Just letting you know I'm still here. I just needed a breather. I feel for all the new members. My heart goes out to you.

We've had some good days and some bad moments. We're working really hard to stay calm and not engage in escalating moments. Its so very hard.

I got the Explosive Child tonight. I couldn't find my discount card, but the cashier was nice enough to let it go. She could see from the look on my face and the title of the book told her I had enough to deal with. We're also reading Grace-Based Parenting.

On the medical side, we have an appointment later this week and one with behavioral medicine in a few weeks.

Well, gotta go. Dinner time. I'm glad I found you guys.

smallworld

Glad you got a hold of The Explosive Child. When I read it, I thought Ross Greene knew my son -- LOL!

I hope the appointments go well and give you solid information and a new path to follow.

Hang in there.

Marguerite

Well done! I hope you find some connection there. I reckon Ross Greene ought to sponsor this site, we recommend the book so much.

If you can, get husband to read the book too. If he can't, then you explaining it to him will help you fix it in your head, which is also good.

Marg