Checking in to let you know how we are.

Coookie

Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update. I have no excuse for not posting other than I have been working long hours and every other area of my life is suffering:dissapointed:

I have checked in frequently, read posts and offered prayers.

Well, here goes.

difficult child has continued with his job, 5 months now and it is going well. He has had 3 traffic violations... the last one was for speeding which cost $378 and really got his attention. :)

No drugs or alcohol and he turned 20 in March. He is presently putting money away so that he can get his own place and has a strong desire to return to the military but that won't happen until/unless he gets his discharge changed. He has 2 psycho females in his life but that is his problem and it won't become ours unless they start invading our space. :)

We all learned when he was in Arizona apparently as husband and I have NO tolerance for any of his BS. :)

It is still somewhat hard to watch him face the consequences for his choices... but not hard enough to intervene which is a humongous step for me.. for those of you who remember. :)

husband started a new job and things are going well and I still love my job.

I have posted on my refrigerator the detaching steps and the letting go steps and I read them everyday. I use what I learned from all my friends here all the time with difficult child.

Nothing works until you put into practice what you know in your head. :)

I miss you all but I can't promise that I will be on the board a lot. My schedule is so outrageous but never does a day go by that I don't think, and remember, the love and help I received here... and the lasting friendships I made.

You are all in my prayers.

Love and hugs from the Coookie House.

gottaloveem

Hi Coookie,
Thanks for checking in and giving an update, I was wondering how it is going. Sounds like difficult child is getting it, not when it comes to the girls though. I like your attitude, it is his problem

I'm glad he is still at his job and paying for the trouble he is getting himself into.

He's come a long way baby.

I wish him continued success as he makes his way.

Love Ya,
Lia

Star*

call 911........call 911
ROBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i miss you girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so proud of your detachment -

2 PSYCHO WOMEN HUH? HE MUST BE VERY POPULAR WITH THE WOMEN!

You always work too much! blargh!

Hugs & Love
Star

Estherfromjerusalem

Robbie/Coookie, how wonderful to see you at last. You don't know how much I have missed you. You probably think I don't come here any more because I don't really post very much, but I am on the board at least once a day, often twice, and you are missing from the landscape.

Sounds like your kid is doing not bad at all -- praise be the Lord! I hope it continues. Mine is also not doing too badly, but I am scared to write about him so as not to "put the mockers on it" but things are relatively calm.

Please write in occasionally -- don't be such a stranger.

Love, Esther

Steely

Good to see you Cookie.
Hope you can post more.
Glad to hear you child is making strides - and that you are able to implement the detachment steps. Something I still work on daily.:full:

donna723

Hi Coookie!!!
:salute:

I'm so happy that you stopped by to give us an update ... I was just thinking about you! Sounds like things are going pretty well. I'm glad you still like your job and that C seems to be getting it together.

Don't be a stranger! We miss you!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Thanks for the update Coookie.....it's good to know a little time away from you affected C's behavior......five months on the same job is a feat in my book, hope it lasts and lasts.....and lasts......and......

Coookie

I really miss my old friends. :pouting: I have learned that no matter what I am involved in, I get 100% involved. Sometimes to the point of obsession. I was like that with homeschooling, difficult child and now my job. Must be some personality defect. :faint: Obsessive/compulsive I think they call it. :wildone: It makes for a great employee but many other things suffer. :(

I have been working 10 & 11 hour days and this stint is 8 days long but then I have 6 days off. I love my job and the people I work with. I enjoy going to work and THEY LIKE ME. :) I say that because I'm sure you can all understand after being around a difficult child, like my difficult child, having people like and appreciate you is like fresh cold water on a very hot day. :)

Hopefully soon I will learn to balance things...hopefully. Don't think I'm too old to learn...do you????????? :bigsmile:

I will try to be around more and thank you for your kind words.

There is a special place in my heart for you all. Many rough roads in the Coookie house were made much less bumpy by you all through your wisdom, support and care.

Well, believe it or not, I have to get ready for work. :crazy1:

Hugs & love to you all....

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
(((((Robby))))))

Gosh darn it all I miss you!! So glad you dropped in and let us know how things are going.

Sounds like an awfully good update to me. difficult child may be on the path to adulthood, yet. And it's so nice to know you and husband are happy and that life's been treatin' you pretty good.

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks so much for the update. I think ofyou daily and include y'all in my prayers.

I am glad you are doing so well with the detachment, and that difficult child is doing so well.

Hugs,

Susie

Stella Johnson

I'm happy to hear things are going so well for you.:redface:
I'm sure the job has really helped your self esteem after listening to your difficult child's ungreatfulness all these years.
Sounds like he is growing up!

Steph

Wiped Out

Staff member
Robby,
Sorry I didn't see this earlier (I don't often get to this forum). Glad to hear things are going well. You are missed!