chewing

Marguerite

We put bandaids on scabs because difficult child 3 will keep picking. He had surgery on his wrist over a year ago, it was still trying to heal while we were on holiday in June. We finally put one of those expensive "leave it on for a week" dressings. It did the trick.

A problem with the hair chewers, and even with the clothing chewers to a lesser extent - they can get a nasty hair ball which can block the stomach outlet and even cause ulcers. It's called a trichobezoar.
If the clothing is purely synthetic the problem can happen there, because synthetics and hair do not digest easily.

So if stomach symptoms are around - mention the possibility of hair ball, in a chewer.

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
thank you does this, very much. It is very much a sensory thing. He is supposed to be getting Occupational Therapist (OT) for this, but it won't start until next week or so. The Occupational Therapist (OT)'s don't start the same time school does.

I buy his shirts at the church thrift store or goodwill for no more than 50 cents. He usually has a bunch of nice shirts, but as I fold laundry any that are chewed are gone.

I priced "chewy tubes" and "chew hammers" at the Occupational Therapist (OT) supply co that I get brushes at. While they are not shirts, they are $7 or more EACH. that is 14 or more shirts. We will stick with shirts (esp since the chewy things taste odd).

much eyerolling and sighing,

Susie