Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Downtown Chicago, IL: various hotels
Rates: $220-290
Area: um, it's downtown Chicago: Mag Mile, museums, food, lakeshore

Downtown Chicago, IL: hostel
Rate $38/person/night
We would be put into big dorm rooms 8-10 people, bunk beds(women in 1 room, men in another).
Area: again, downtown Chicago!

Lisle, IL: Hickory Ridge Marriott Conference Hotel
Rates $70-135 depending on room
Area: Typical suburban area: restaurants, shopping, spas, easy access to downtown (just minutes from Metra to Union Station, 40 min via train)

Glenview, IL: Fairfield
Rates $54-$90 depending on room
Area: Typical suburban area: restaurants, shopping, spas, easy access to downtown (just minutes from Metra to Union Station, 40 min via train)

Lisle is a nicer hotel than Glenview, communities are similiar

Once we pick a location, weekend and I have an idea of how many people are coming, I will get us a group rate and everyone can call the selected hotel directly with their credit cards.

Lothlorien

I'm going to be downtown Chicago that weekend in July. I'm supposed to leave Saturday, but I can delay it until Sunday night.

Jena

all you guys are picking the more expense hotels?? lol your killing me.............. that's it, i'm bringing a tent!!! :)

BusynMember

Do the trains also go to Lisle? I know Glenview (My dad lives there) but not Lisle.

I wont' go if it's Downtown. Don't like Downtown at all.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Hostel? Dorm room? No thanks- did my time in my younger years. lol

How does someone get to any of those locations from O'Hare?

Suz

slsh

member since 1999
Suz - the last time husband took the 2 youngest on a trip, I just hired a limo (kids were very impressed, LOL). Cost was comparable to a taxi, but it was much more convenient/reliable. There are services into the city.

You can probably get the same type of service to Lilse or Glenview (actually you can if you look at the "airports" link) .

(Full disclosure, LOL - the above service is not the one I hired, just the first one that came up on google. I hired one in our local area, which is *not* anywhere near the city or O'Hare.)

JJJ

Yes, the Metra train runs from Lisle to Union Station. The trip to downtown from both Lisle and Glenview is 40 minutes.

I found the hostel on a google search - threw it out there for the novelty of it :)

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I don't drive downtown Chicago. I'll be driving, likely with King Leonard. Looking forward to a road trip ~ can I pick anyone up on the way? wiped, MWM?

TerryJ2

Wait, wouldn't that be 2 or 3 people to a room? So we're dividing $220 by 2 or 3, right?

BusynMember

I'm hoping we go to Glenview (a town I know really well) or Lisle and not Downtown Chicago. If we do, for me it would have to be the cheaper hotel, even if we split the cost. I would take the train down and may need a ride from Union Station (if it's in the suburbs). Thanks for asking!

JJJ

It looks like Lisle is the clear winner. I'll get info on a day in downtown Chicago as well.

Lisle, IL: Hickory Ridge Marriott Conference Hotel
Rates $70-135 depending on room

Status
Not open for further replies.