Chicken Farmer WINS!!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
He was an early favorite and won everyone's heart from his back story. He's a good singer, very likable, too.

My personal opinion is that Barbara Padilla, the opera singer, is more talented but she's not as commercial. She's a cancer survivor, beautiful, and will hopefully get her own cd or opportunity to perform in an opera house somewhere.

I didn't start watching until the last few weeks but was hoping it would be these two at the end. I was very pleased for both.

(and Jordan won Big Brother this week- YAY!- If Jeff couldn't win I was thrilled she did. It was a good reality show week for me :D )

Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
I don't watch any of those shows but I have heard about this guy. That's just too cool!

The lady I review for lives there so I sent her an email. I'm curious as to how the town is reacting.

Mattsmom277

I was happy he won. I loved the Opera singer and her story. She has so much talent! She easily deserved to win as well. She is clasically trained with a masters in music though and I think she'll do well. I agree he is far more commercial!

DammitJanet

Oh I was hopping up and down, clapping, crying...called Tony...woke him up...running thru the house... You cant imagine how thrilled I was!

I have been watching this show since the auditions this year and I picked him to win. He stole my heart from the first time he came on stage with his backward baseball cap. I just love him. He is so down to earth and humble. The story about his Daddy just brings me to tears.

I am so thrilled for him. That money is gonna do so much good for his family.

The other contestants will do well. I can see the Texas guys...gosh...cant remember what they called themselves...lol... I can see them playing in Branson or in Myrtle Beach at places like the Palace or Alabama Theater. They would be awesome there.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I got an email back from my review boss who lives in Mayfield. She said the pizza lady told her there was a limo and a big chicken somewhere in town. Not quite sure what that means but.....LOL ....sounds like the town is over the moon for him!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I guess I'm the odd man out. That's the only show H and I watched from day one. I wouldn't have let him through then. When it came down to announcing the winner...H and I both screamed!! Padilla is SOOO talented.

I think what it comes down to is classical/operatic music is not too popular in this country whereas country is huge. If America is voting....he got the votes.

Abbey

Lori4ever

I was thrilled he won, although it's very true the opera singer was as talented. I was thrilled for him as much due to his background. The other will find a way to get into her own with her music, but he wouldn;t have known how to start, in my humble opinion. I'm so glad his town was so thrilled, too.

KTMom91

This is the first season Hubby and I haven't lost interest about halfway through and stopped watching. There were so many talented people! I think most of the Top Ten will find a producer and a venue, and we'll see them again sometime soon.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OH DEAR ME....I couldn't read the post because........because......:( I thought.......(unthinkinkable).....Oh Yuk.....well you know ......with DF being out of work.....and the girls....and.....oh gaw. Then I'm thinking - Should I send her new peeps for Spring?

Don't do this to me. BLARGH.....:tongue:

(yeah I knew better)