Chicken Farmer WINS!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, Sep 17, 2009.

1. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

2. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

He was an early favorite and won everyone's heart from his back story. He's a good singer, very likable, too.

My personal opinion is that Barbara Padilla, the opera singer, is more talented but she's not as commercial. She's a cancer survivor, beautiful, and will hopefully get her own cd or opportunity to perform in an opera house somewhere.

I didn't start watching until the last few weeks but was hoping it would be these two at the end. I was very pleased for both.

(and Jordan won Big Brother this week- YAY!- If Jeff couldn't win I was thrilled she did. It was a good reality show week for me :D )

Suz

3. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I don't watch any of those shows but I have heard about this guy. That's just too cool!

The lady I review for lives there so I sent her an email. I'm curious as to how the town is reacting.

4. Mattsmom277

Mattsmom277 Active Member

I was happy he won. I loved the Opera singer and her story. She has so much talent! She easily deserved to win as well. She is clasically trained with a masters in music though and I think she'll do well. I agree he is far more commercial!

5. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh I was hopping up and down, clapping, crying...called Tony...woke him up...running thru the house... You cant imagine how thrilled I was!

I have been watching this show since the auditions this year and I picked him to win. He stole my heart from the first time he came on stage with his backward baseball cap. I just love him. He is so down to earth and humble. The story about his Daddy just brings me to tears.

I am so thrilled for him. That money is gonna do so much good for his family.

The other contestants will do well. I can see the Texas guys...gosh...cant remember what they called themselves...lol... I can see them playing in Branson or in Myrtle Beach at places like the Palace or Alabama Theater. They would be awesome there.

6. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I got an email back from my review boss who lives in Mayfield. She said the pizza lady told her there was a limo and a big chicken somewhere in town. Not quite sure what that means but.....LOL ....sounds like the town is over the moon for him!

7. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

I guess I'm the odd man out. That's the only show H and I watched from day one. I wouldn't have let him through then. When it came down to announcing the winner...H and I both screamed!! Padilla is SOOO talented.

I think what it comes down to is classical/operatic music is not too popular in this country whereas country is huge. If America is voting....he got the votes.

Abbey

8. Lori4ever

Lori4ever New Member

I was thrilled he won, although it's very true the opera singer was as talented. I was thrilled for him as much due to his background. The other will find a way to get into her own with her music, but he wouldn;t have known how to start, in my humble opinion. I'm so glad his town was so thrilled, too.

9. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

This is the first season Hubby and I haven't lost interest about halfway through and stopped watching. There were so many talented people! I think most of the Top Ten will find a producer and a venue, and we'll see them again sometime soon.

10. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

OH DEAR ME....I couldn't read the post because........because......:( I thought.......(unthinkinkable).....Oh Yuk.....well you know ......with DF being out of work.....and the girls....and.....oh gaw. Then I'm thinking - Should I send her new peeps for Spring?

Don't do this to me. BLARGH.....:tongue:

(yeah I knew better)