chins petition

areinert

I am wondering if anyone has had to file for a chins petition(child in need of services)? We got approved and are waiting for a court date and am wondering what to expect when we receive ours.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hello and welcome!

No - I've never been through the process myself...but I wanted to wish you luck!

Hopefully, someone with experience in this area will post...

DDD

LOL, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. I would bet a buck that you posted this question a couple of weeks ago..and I even remember my reply. In my response I assured you that others would be along soon who knew about the subject and evidently that didn't happen. Sorry.

So...welcome again from a senior CD member who evidently is having memory lapses, lol. I just spent ten minutes or so looking through the Archives to see if I could find info for you on Chins. Wasn't able to find what I was looking for but I did Google "Child In Need of Services" and it looks like you might find answers there. Perhaps that will be helpful. Meanwhile crossing my fingers one of our CD family members with personal experience pops in to offer more personal information. Hugs, DDD

buddy

MEEEE ToOOOO I swear I saw this post and answered it... I am sorry . Maybe there were two?? but TWO that got approved and on a waiting list?? I really thought I replied.

Anyway, I wanted you to know I didn't have experience with that but I can imagine you are happy and sad that you got this. I hope someone here has experienced it. I can imagine they have! Please post as you go through it.

I hope it goes well and you get the services you feel your difficult child needs.

areinert

Thank you, you are correct i did post this twice. unfortunately no one that has been through it responded. I am happy that we got approved it took 3 months to go threw, i am just hoping this will open up some helpful resources.

richardluthar

You was correct i did chins petition this twice, I was looking for but I did Google "Child In Need of Services" i like you might find answers there. Just have experience with that but I can imagine of chins petition.