Chiropractic

Andrea Danielle

Hi there,
Has anyone tried Chiropractic care for their difficult child, and had any success?
We have heard that it can help for Tourettes so we are giving it a try but just started out...
Luckily we don't have to pay for it, so it will just be an investment of our time - 3 times a week!

Andrea

Sharon1974

I went to a chiropractor for back problems during both of my pregnancies. The second guy I used was VERY helpful. When JK was having ear problems as a baby the chiropractor wanted to try to help him before we put ear tubes in. It was of no help.

Lothlorien

I suppose it would really depend on the chiropractor. My friend's husband suffers terribly from kidney stones, but when he goes to his chiropractor on a regular basis, he goes for much longer without the stones.

There are a few of them around my area who are just in it for the money and others who are really, really good.

Missy has gone for adjustments. I never saw a noticeable difference.

TerryJ2

Hi, my husband is a chiro but he's out judging the HS science fair right now. I'll ask him when he gets home.

TerryJ2

Hi,
I had posted a response here the other day and it's gone... I'll re-post and see what happens...

husband says he's had no Tourettes pts, but has heard others say they've gotten good results. I researched a bit on the Internet, and considering that it's neurological and involves the cervical nerves, it's right in line with-chiro, and I would suggest giving it a try.
Does your ins. cover it?

Andrea Danielle

Thanks for your reply. Yes Chiropractic is covered by my insurance so I will definitely continue to try it out, it has been a few weeks now. I will keep you posted :smile:

Andrea

Hi! I am totally new to this site and new to posting, but my oldest who has ADHD & ODD has requested chiropractic care for awhile. I had been to a really good one years ago and she helped me a lot. Now that we have insurance we are planning to start our oldest in March of this year. Since our oldest has been off medications for almost a year the Tourettes I noticed have stopped for the most part or I have gotten too use to them. Anyway, I didn't realize how much pain I was in on a day to day basis. This acounted for my own lack of patience, etc... Because of that relief, I believe in Chiropractic care. Hope the care helps.

TerryJ2

Oh, cool, that's a great by-product, so to speak! That is, getting yourself adjusted. So it makes sense that being pain-free would help your patience. Funny, how we don't think of things like that until afterward.
It would be interesting to ask a teacher or other observer if the Tourette's has lessened, since it's so hard to notice on a daily basis, as you mentioned.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My difficult child has tourettes and chiro care has helped her with resulting joint and muscle pain due to her tics. I don't believe the chirocare ever actually inhibited the tics themselves, just releived the pain or stiffness the tics caused.

That said, however, the chirocare my difficult child has received has also reduced her stress and helped her to relax mentally. She almost seems like she is in a euphoric state for a few hours following an adjustment and she sleeps better at night.

mattsmum

DS has his first appointment. with a chiropractor on Monday. I have always wondered if it would help his ADHD/ODD. A co-worker told me her infant had colic until she had him adjusted.

TerryJ2

JoG, that's nice. husband occasionally has AIDS pts and it's the same thing... clearly, it's a chronic, fatal disease, but the adjustments help reduce their use of medications and help them think more clearly because of it.

Matt'sMom... how did it go? (Sorry, I just noticed p. 2 here...)

Got2Sleep

WE swear by our chiro. He is great with all the kids, and reads all the sensory things I give him. My daughter goes for asthma and migraine prevention(2 attacks all year without preventatives!) and then of course difficult child goes for whatever reason we can give. LOL! He does love how it feels though, and asks to be popped harder!

HUGS!
~s

mattsmum

The chiropractor noticed a few things on Matthew...for one thing he is rotated to the right. Sure enough, I came home from the appointment and looked at Matthew's birth records and it says that he is rotated to the right.

The chiro. also found other areas out of line...most prominently the neck area. I find it interesting because Matthew has always had difficulty with ear infections and chronic coughing. Lately he does seem to be calmer...but I don't know if it is the adjustments (already had 3) or the increase dosage in Straterra.

At any rate, I am glad to know that I am exploring all options. Right now I am looking into Omega 3's and gluten/casein diet. Not sure which to start with...or how...but I am exploring.

Linda

mattsmum

P.S. After reading the chart the chiropractor gave me at Matthew's first appointment I was stunned to find that misalignment in the lower half of the spine can cause sterility. They never found the reason for my infertility...and I had a bad fall as a child and landed on my left hip.

I wonder if they are related??? So...I made an appointment. for myself with the chiropractor. I am happy with two...but I would like to know.

Linda

TerryJ2

Linda, my husband adjusted a woman yrs ago who was infertile. She went back for visits for about a month, I think, and then never rescheduled. Turned out she got pregnant, had a baby, everything was fine.
She ran into husband at a party, and after a bit of wine, very loudly told everyone, "THIS IS MY CHIROPRACTOR. HE GOT ME PREGNANT!"
"Uh, I can explain that..." he responded.

So if it works, please phrase it carefully. :whew: :rofl:

TerryJ2

Got2sleep and Mattsmum, I'm so glad it's helping.
I wish it helped me with-my migraines as much as your kids, but mine are primarily hormonal. :frown:
It does help considerably with-tension headaches, though. (And of course, I'm a bad girl, sitting here hunched over at my computer, totally lousy posture, ruining my neck muscles...)
The adjustments don't help our difficult child as much as they help some kids... we tried all the natural stuff first. :frown:
My motto is to do everything... diet, exercise, medications, AND chiro. That way I cover all the bases. :smile:

Lothlorien

Terry, that's funny about that announcement. There must have been a lot of gasps and then dead silence after that! I've heard of chiropractic helping with infertility.

G

guest3

my OB-GYN swears by it for kids, LOL, I know not her area, but she gave me a chiropractor who specializes in children with behavior disorders, I need to make an appointment this week, I will try anything, ecspecially after today