Christmas card list 09- Idea - For consideration

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hi Family -

It's that time of year again....and this year I wanted to start a couple weeks early to see if due to the hardships all of us are facing if you would be interested in doing something different this year. I'm not sure how to do it, but I'm not sure I will have the postage to send out 30 plus cards this year.

Is there a way to scan a card front & inside - with a signature and post it to a site for everyone to see? That way if you wanted to "send" a card or be part of the CD Board card list this year - you could be - by scanning and downloading instead of trying to send cards?

It's just an idea - because I'm thinking this year every penny is counted and we may not be able to send cards....

Just thinking out loud - What say ye?

tiredmommy

Maybe we share an account name and have a common password to a unique photobucket account? The account can be deleted after the holidays...

Star*

call 911........call 911
That might work. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do the list again this year with everyone. I just do not think financially it can happen. Not just for me but for a lot of folks and every year I think it makes me feel really bad that some people drop off due to financial hardships...

I think this way - MORE people could join us...Do you think that's possible Tiny TM? lol....get it? Tiny TM...ho ho ho....

tiredmommy

Star*, dear, people that know me in real life only call me tiny if their tongue is firmly planted in their cheek, lol! :rofl:

Marguerite

It would save the problems of idiot postal services that take longer to deliver a card, than to deliver a baby...

Marg

DammitJanet

Orrrrrrr.....we could do email cards. Lots of folks have a yahoo or hotmail or some such email account to use for couponing or games or stuff like that and might not mind giving that email out for christmas cards since it isnt really their "personal" email account. There are several free e-card sites with nice cards. We could even post the links to the cards on the site to share them...lol.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I've already got my Christmas Tree up.... Fa-La-La-La-La La-La-La-La
I'm game, or gamey. Been out at the Horsey and Donk ranch with K.

Marg's Man

Orrrrrrr.....we could do email cards.
<snip>
There are several free e-card sites with nice cards. We could even post the links to the cards on the site to share them...lol.

Great idea Janet but I STRONGLY suggest that people do NOT use those free e-cards.

There's nothing wrong with the legitimate ones but unfortunately, spammers heavily use fake e-cards; especially around Thanksgiving & Christmas time. These days I end up deleting any I get because I have not had a 'real' one for years. Several years ago I started getting Thanksgiving e-cards. So what you say - we don't have Thanksgiving in Australia. No one I know (even the Americans) would send me one. I have never had a real one.

I like the idea of just either using a photobucket account that is deleted afterwards or a disposable Yahoo/Hotmail/Gmail, etc address to send 'cards' to each other. Or perhaps a special 'sticky' thread?

Marg's Man

Marg's Man

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I like this idea, esp. the photobucket one.

I have a heck of a time getting into the free e-card sites, anyway. Something to do with all the antivirus/antispam/antispyware filters I have set up. Lots of times I don't see the whole page even on this site which is set as trusted.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Wendy... I live somewhere in Wonderland. I have a caterpillar and a dormouse for neighbors.

Oh yeah. And I live with the Mad Hatter.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sounds good to me, O Star of wonder, Star of night, Star of royal beauty bright!

Toto -- you don't have your tree up already, you never took it DOWN!!! That's okay, my sister in law#1 still has hers up, too. :p

Does that mean y'all should start thinking about my birthday, too? That's only a month after Christmas! :rofl:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Toto's tree is still up and I'm the redneck cause I leave my lights on the front of the house????

Whatever...

susiestar

Roll With It
HEY!!! Toto does NOT still have her Christmas Tree up! She has her HALLOWEEN tree up. The first week in Nov it will be her Thanksgiving Tree that she has up.

I LOVE the idea of a photobucket page or other page that we can post our cards to. I also dislike ecards. For the LONGEST time my husband would send them. From very reputable sites. I always ended up with a problem right about the time I opened one. It drove me nuts. husband insisted it wasn't the ecards, it was something else I was doing. But when I stopped opening the cards the problem stopped.

Maybe we could each post a favorite holiday recipe with the card? It would be like having our own cookbook!

susiestar

Roll With It
Shari - You are only a redneck if you use the lights as a signal that you need to buy more beer. You know - if the lights are turned on then it is time for a beer run?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
--sigh--

You know, I understand completely about financial hardships and all....but as a person who tried to make some extra cash every year by SELLING greeting cards...this move to cyber-greetings for the holidays is depressing.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I cannot believe it's time to start thinking of Holiday cards already! It's Harvest!!!!

I'm still getting used to the idea that it's fall already. I've only just put up our harvest wreath and we haven't even gotten our pumpkins yet!!!

I will do whatever the board concensus is. Count me in. I love getting and sending cards...I have to say I already bought the cards for the board though. Oh well. &#9829;

TerryJ2

Toto -- you don't have your tree up already, you never took it DOWN!!! That's okay, my sister in law#1 still has hers up, too. :p

LOL!

I can go either way, although I love paper. I'm odd, I know. Just call me "artist." DaisyFace, we'll do snail mail, and I'll do PhotoBucket with-everyone else. Would that work?

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm putting my .02 in for the photobucket idea. I know some of the cards I've received either from here or other groups include family pics, pet pics or the like. If we do photobucket we could still do that!