Christmas card list 09- Idea - For consideration

KTMom91

I have to admit I loved all the cards last year, but I definitely understand the need for cost-saving ideas. I'll go along with whatever the majority decides.

by the way, my birthday is on Thanksgiving this year. So we have mine, then Christmas, then gcvmom's...

lizanne2

I would love to do cards this year. My difficult child 1 loves getting xmas cards and this would be a good year for the family to get a bunch!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I love holiday birthdays! My brother's is on Thanksgiving also, KTmom! And mine is two days after Christmas!

Gee...my only claim to fame in the birthday arena is that they keep coming and every other year it's the 1st day of Spring. Imagine my surprise this last birthday to look out my window and see tons of snow and 10 degrees. This is Spring?

Abbey

rlsnights

I too have had problems with e-cards and will not open them at all since my last two (and only) viral infections were attached to e-cards.

I would love to send some cards - I make and sell cards at charity functions to raise money for the charity and keep enough to cover expenses.

Depends though on how many whether that's something I could do or not. How many folks did card exchange in the past?

Maybe we could do both? If you wanted to send a paper card you could and/or you could post to photobucket? Would that satisfy everyone? Hopefully no one would take it personally if they didn't get a paper card.

I suppose you could always download and print your card if you are really attached to the paper card thing or just LOVE the card someone posted for you.

Love the lights = beer run. Does that work for NA beer too?

We're lucky if we get Halloween decorations up by New Year's around here. As for lights on the house, some places they're up, some places they're down and some places have never seen the light.:christmaslights:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Gee...my only claim to fame in the birthday arena is that they keep coming and every other year it's the 1st day of Spring. Imagine my surprise this last birthday to look out my window and see tons of snow and 10 degrees. This is Spring?

Abbey

Haha, Abbey!! My mom's birthday is the first day of Autumn and she says she's just happy to see another day! Funny how time changes our perspectives, huh? by the way, mom is 87 this year!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sounds like fun.

by the way, my birthday is only 3 days after Xmas. Where are we getting together for a bash of a birthday party?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - here's the skinny -

I have done the CD board card snail mail list for (help me Janet here) 6 or 7 years now???

I WILL do it again this year........I have also bought cards to send. I think we average 30-35 participants that would mean to budget domestic postage around 15.00 and Canadian/Australian postage an extra 5.00 or roughly $20.00

IF YOU CAN DO THIS and want to be on the MAILING list - I will do it. :tongue: I LOVE getting cards. I was just trying to make it something this year that we ALL could participate in because each year I get some that want to do it and then drop off and I feel awful when they do. I usually leave you on and have everyone send you a card ANYWAY....:redface: Some of you have been okay with getting and not sending and some - well...it made you feel worse. Not my intention. (was thinking Christmas cheer and all)

So.....I guess we could do BOTH - but I will need HELP......I ONLY HAVE one brain.

If you can help me with the photobucket thing - let me know - I can do the list okay by my onsies....and I'll post how to do that later in a separate post....because it will go to PM and I'll post instructions and how it works and HOW LONG YOU HAVE HAD TO BE HERE as a posting member....etc. to keep our privacy and addresses and names as anonymous as possible.

Also - KNOW if you do get on the mailing list? I DESTROY THE LISTS EACH YEAR....

LET ME KNOW......

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I can do either!
And I am a December Baby also!!!
I vote Christmas get together...
We can just ourselves somewhere. I am 9 days before Christmas. I hated my Birthday growing up, first because it was close to Christmas, then as I got older because it was always during Finals!

DammitJanet

Star...I think we have been doing the Xmas cards for at least 6 years. Gosh...my mom died in 2005...its 2009...My mom came here in 2001...I think we did the first photos 2003 or 2004. Im thinking 2004 myself. I know I sent a photo of Tony, Jamie and I out in one of the xmas cards and it was probably the first one because I did the cards from Quantico.

Gosh how is that for convoluted...lol.

If you want me to set up a photobucket account for us to use, that is fine...I can do it. Not a problem at all. Easy, peasy.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Susie, I like the way you think...I'm gonna get that extension cord out to those lights TONIGHT. I finally found wee difficult child's pillow, and I got the horse's hoof soaked and wrapped, its time for that beer.

Count me in on the cards. I loved getting them last year and totally understand that not everyone always can. Tis ok, been there done that.

Another thought for those that want to mail something...postcards are still cheaper than regular postage...you can buy blank ones and print a photo or greeting on it at home. Just a thought.

I like the photobucket idea, too. I vote for however you wish to send your greetings, do so! lol

I'm off to plug in the lights and treat myself...

Bee double-E double-R you in....

(bee double-E doube-R you in, beer run!
All we need is a ten and a fiver,
a car, a key, and a sober driver,
bee double-E double-R you in - beer run!)

Last edited:

Hooray, I love to exchange cards with everyone! I'm so bad with computers. Forget about photobucket- I can't even change my avator.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well then - Here is what I would like to propose....

We will do both...Janet & Abbers can get together and do the Photobucket thing and help each other and that will be open to anyone if we all agree - because I think that's pretty anonymous right? Then what? You scan a card and put your name under it? Is that how that will work?

You gals work that out.

Now as far as the list:

Here's the rules (oh you knew there would be rules in this group) :tongue:

You have to have been a member of the board for at LEAST one year and actively posting so we know who you are. If you're a lurker or someone who posted 150 times in 2007 and we don't remember or know you -I am sorry but we're not sharing our printed addresses with you. If I don't know you - I'll ask the owner of the site or the Mods who you are. If they don't know you - I decline your invitation to join. We've been doing this six years, it's been safe, fun and I destroy the list and all copies of it each year. Once I send it out? It's gone. The only way I'll have YOUR address is if you send me a card back. I do not keep lists or addresses. So if you loose your list? You will have to PM someone that may have a list. I have done this to protect everyone year after year, and usually shred the envelopes after receiving them. Those of you whom I do have permission to mail on occasion -different story. The rest? That's how your privacy is handled by me.

This is a sample of how I sent out our names last year because...MOST of us do NOT know each other by our real mailing names but rather by our board names - however some of us do not want to get our mail addressed to ICANTTAKEMYKIDANYMORE - but otherwise we wouldn't know you - so the format looks like this:
a.)
ICANTTAKEMYKIDANYMORE
Jean Smith
100 Anywhere St.
Smithville, OH 44889

or
b.)
ILOVEMYDAUGHTERS
Name withheld Upon Request
1313 Mockingbird Lane
Starville, MD 90310

How ever you choose - you can let me know - but when you send me a PM - PLEASE include your board name in the address and if you want your name witheld that is just fine....but pick a format...a or b

If this is your first year? WELCOME!! I will print the lists and I DO NOT EMAIL THEM TO ANYONE EVER, NEVER - nothing goes out over the internet!!! This means your lists, and my cards to you will arrive shortly after Thanksgiving if you are in the US and if you are in Canada or elsewhere? (Except in Australia where I have it on good authority it takes 9 months to get there :tongue:) My cards go out on Black Friday - or Purple Friday or Green Friday or sometimes Orange Saturday - but The weekend after Thanksgiving.

Last year? I did not get to mail the lables like I have done in the past for those of you who can't write. But....I will try to do that this year for those of you who have disabilities if it will help. Let me know ahead of time if you need assistance.

SO - if you are interested - PM me - and HAPPY HOLIDAYS GIRLS!

HO HO HO - LOVE Star....

muttmeister

I can't even change my avator

OK, I haven't even gotten one yet so I don't know about the photobucket thing either. I've participated in the snail mail card list ever since it started so I will definitely be doing that.

And I'm a December birthday too (as is my daughter in law and my granddaughter). A lot of people must have been celebrating around March back in the old days.