Christmas Cards - I'm impressing myself

Mattsmom277

I received my first card this morning with the exchange list. I'm so proud of myself. I headed out to get stamps and cards, and tonight I've done all of them up and stamped them, ready for the post office in the morning. Those of you who have done the exchange before, may recall I'm always best intentioned however I always muck it up like some scatterbrain. I swear, this felt like finishing a marathon, a true accomplishment lol.

I can't wait for cards to arrive. I always get so jealous waiting for mine, since it takes longer for them to get through to Canada. Thank you Tiapet and Janet for arranging it this year. I look forward to this every single year. We love checking the mail each day and checking the post marks and pretty stamps.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm going to try to pick up my stamps either tomorrow evening or thursday so I can get them out. I'm excited to be doing it this year. I have to remember to go to the window to ask about posting for Canada too. :)

H

HaoZi

I have the cards bought and the envelopes addressed. I have to remember to go get stamps (today is payday YAY!) and get the cards themselves addressed.

cubsgirl

Mine went out in the mail two days ago. I'll apologize in advance, my cards are a bit "glittery". I didn't realize when I bought them that they had a lot of glitter on the scene on the front of the card. But, it was so much fun to do. I've received two so far.

DammitJanet

LOL...I have to go out and get my cards. Im already late. I just have had so much to do. But I just got my card from Tia yesterday. Maybe my mail lady is slow.

Tiapet

Old Hand
Hint for stamps for some or all of you, and the way I do it it because I'm really picky and often my post office doesn't have what I like....order your stamps online! I go to usps.gov and get them. So many more to choose from then what your local office may have in stock and easy too! No waiting in line (for someone like me who can't stand long). They come within 2-4 days for me right in mail box. You can get the amount you need in denominations you need too like if it's extra postage or postcard. You can get pre-addressed envelopes, postcards, etc. So many things to. Even if you want to get priority mail boxes if you are shipping out packages you know the boxes that are free to get but of course pay to ship but are flat rate the "if it fit it ships"). They'll even bring that in your mail order! I love it! Try it. No need to "squeeze it" into your schedule or foget to stop for them. Do it while you're online, forget about it, shows up in your mail and you're done!

Mattsmom277

I did it! I am overly impressed with myself. I woke today at stupid o'clock, so went back to bed when easy child went to school. When I woke, it was windy and freezing and I nearly decided "I will do errands tomorrow". Then I reminded myself how each year this happens, and then before I know it, I end up with lovely cards all season while everyone else never gets mine. So I'm home now, and I braved the crazy long line at the postal outlet. Met a really neat mom from Finland with her autistic teen daughter who carries the same name as my step daughter who is also autistic. She just bounced on up to me and started petting my winter hat and tugging the string on the side with a big grin. I wanted to squeeze her lol. Made my long wait in line really enjoyable as she tried to tell me about her collections in her pockets (rocks and string) and her battered VHS video she was carting along of a christmas cartoon. I left smiling from our in line visit, and feeling I finally was on the ball with the cards. I hope my on the ball card sending is a trend for the holidays.

H

HaoZi

Stopped and got the stamps this afternoon (no line yay!). Now to sit down and finish the cards. Soon. :)

DDD

I don't participate but I ABSOLUTELY am delighted for those of you who do. The whole idea is awesome and it makes me smile to read about your pleasure. Hugs DDD