Christmas Eve dinner went well now...

rejectedmom

I am home alone for Christmas day. difficult child#1 was fine and although demanding of her husband, she was not huffy to easy child/difficult child and even hugged him goodbye when she left. I thought she might call us and say to come over taday after-all but I was mistaken. We are on our own. husband and difficult child went to see father in law in the nursing home I saw him just Thursday and am very tired so I stayed home. So much food left over so I won't have to cook tonight. Going to watch a movie together later and maybe do some online shopping till then. I have $50 Kohls cash to spend this week. so why not LOL. Hope everyone is having a good Christmas day. Blessings and Peace to all. -RM

Last edited:

klmno

It sounds like it could have been worse. I visited difficult child this morning then drove home and watched a movie in the late afternoon. What are you going to watch?

tiredmommy

I think it sounds like things worked out for the best, in my humble opinion. Sometimes it's better to have a low-key holiday rather than step into somebody else's drama. Merry Christmas and Peace to you as well.

rejectedmom

KLmno, We have a netflix comedy with Drew Barrymore called: "Going the Distance"

TM you should change your moniker to "Wisemommy". Thank you. Enjoy your day also!

svengandhi

We had our holiday celebration yesterday which was good because I have been sick all day today.

mother in law and sister in law came over with a family friend and daughter, difficult child and baby boy were home. Oldest boy and easy child were working at OB's job (he delivers for an Italian restaurant and this is one of their busiest days of the year) and didn't make it home. So, OB's girlfriend and his 2 roomies did not come over either. We missed them very much. However, the evening went very well. sister in law's new medications are working so well that she is SO pleasant to be around. I had hoped that Thanksgiving was not a fluke and it wasn't. She thanked me for helping her with an identity theft issue she was having - her ex opened credit in her name and I helped her deal with it.

Today, OB and easy child came home and so did his girlfriend and one of his roomies. They took me to see my elderly aunt but I couldn't stay long because of my head cold.

Just a nice quiet day.

Now I am watching On the Case with Paula zahn and hoping that Desperate Housewives is on tonight.

crazymama30

I age with tm. Maybe a mellow holliday was what difficult child/easy child needed. Glad he is doing well, I have been thinking of you.

rejectedmom

It seems that difficult child#2 and her family spent the day in their jammies.
they had no company whatsoever. I am thinking that her non-invite for easy child/difficult child was more about her not wanting company at all.

Svengandi, I hope you feel better soon.

Crazymama, thank you, Maybe it was. He did say he enjoyed seeing his nieces and nephews last night.