Circle Of Love and Support for Muttmeister

muttmeister

Thanks for all of the good thoughts. No news yet but difficult child did get appointment about custody moved to today so maybe they'll tell him something.
We spend all day yesterday looking for a car for him as his old one needs a new motor so now he has no way to get to work. Cheapest we can find needs $1500 which none of us has. Do any of you know where to go to get a short term loan (maybe 3 months) for that kind of money? I have good credit; just no cash. I've spent it all helping my kids and grandkids. I know there are places on line but I'm a little afraid to put all of my information out there to somebody I really don't know. Anybody have experience with this kind of thing?

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Could you go to your bank and get a small loan to pay back in a short time? If you have credit cards you can get a cash advance, they have a high interest rate, however, if you pay it back in 3 months, the interest would be minimal. I'm with you, I wouldn't do it on line either, but I am not that savvy about that kind of stuff. The only other thing I can think of is a relative/friend who would be willing to front you the cash for a short time.

I sure hope you find out some information today from the custody hearing. Prayers for you and your family for this to come to a quick resolution with the kids safe and coming home. (((HUGS))))

InsaneCdn

If you have good credit and good cash flow and some solid assets of your own (cars worth over 5 grand, for example, or a house), you should be able to get a line of credit from your bank, secured by those assets. This would be a permanent thing - something you can use now, pay off, and then next time, you just use it.

N

Nomad

Sending good thoughts from the Southeast. Hope the children are safe and all works out very well for their health and happiness....and that you will be able to see them soon.