Circle of Love and Support for our Star!!!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Star has returned to us after a truly difficult time, and that is a SEVERE UNDERSTATEMENT!

Of course she knows how we love her, but let us tell her again, and let her know that no matter what, she has our love, support, true friendship and sisterhood!

She posted on UAN's thread about family problems. I am cutting her reply from there and posting it here so that we can respond to her.

DF is not well. He was very sick in February and we almost lost him due to another surgery on his back. This time to remove all the hardware, that became infected as a result of another MRSA from surgery that they did on his knee replacement in June. The infection went in his knee up his back and settled in his hardware. He was in ICU for a while, and went on dialysis. He had over 9 doctors working on him and was very close to death so much so that we planned for his passing. It was a hard time because around the same time, Dude tried to come home and got sentenced to prison for 4 years. My Mother was also very ill, our only vehicle blew up and I really thought I was going to have a stroke. At one point I ended up in the er with a BiPolar (BP) 266/140 and the fire dept thought I had already had a stroke. Nope....Just nerves. But you know old Star. Walked 2o some miles to work.....in the dark and cold, and figured it all out. We have no one here. I never let on to DF....and found out again who I had as so called friends at my new job. Then In Dec I got hit by a car, and it messed my back up, and the pain was just ridiculous, and it took a while to get into a pain mgmt. guy. But seems to be a little better now. That's why I wasn't on the board. Wasn't good for anyone.

DF now is about to the point where he can't walk, and I imagine within the next year he won't be driving. They want to try and put some pacemaker thing in him to help. I'm not sure I want ANY more surgeries done in SC at all. Begging him to get an attorney. But not sure if he's going to do it or not. His brain is like Swiss cheese...some days I'm just glad he remembers what he does. He hates it. I hate it for him. Nothing to do though. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll luck up on a good atty. I got one but I'm not so hopeful. Mine doesn't think despite the fact I was temporarily paralyzed it's going to amount to much. (shrug) I just keep plugging along. The granddaughter and her Mother stopped contacting us October of last year....so I have no idea what Addison looks like. Dude has a new friend and I talk to her sometimes.....but she has a life and a son and he's not a part of our lives. And he's not Dudes (makes sign of cross). haha.
Thanks for asking (chuckles out loud) Hugs & Love Star.

Read more: http://www.conductdisorders.com/forum/f10/oh-boy-trouble-my-family-55648/#ixzz2k9CjMrqA

Star, if the docs have not already told you this, those lidoderm patches are now available in GENERIC! I get a great price from my ins co, so check yours as they are covered like any other generic and likely would help you, DF and your mom too. Love you!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Prayers, warm wishes, hugs and love sent from Northern California..........hang in there Star, we're holding on to you...........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie, your determination to continue to "carry on" with dignity no matter what life throws at you helps keep my own determination in tact when it is wavering. I just think "what would Starbie do?" and I keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I knew you and DF were having a rough time, but I didn't know exactly how rough. Holy moly.

You all are always in my prayers and often on my mind. I will continue to pray for you and DF and Dude. You need anything you drop me a line, phone or whatever, if you no longer have the info to do so pm me and I'll give it to you. I'm serious. I may not be able to do much but listen, but I'm rather good at that so I'm told.

Love you Starbie. You tell Momma Star and Df we love them too.

Many warm gentle ((((hugs)))) and lots of prayers.

pasajes4

Such strength, determination, and grace in the face of tremendous adversity........ (((((HUGS))))) , prayers, beads shaking, I wish I could do more

DDD

You know that my caring supportive thoughts and prayers have always been with you, my friend. I'll "double up" as you fight your way through this latest crisis time. Hugs. from Florida and on to ??? DDD

Calamity Jane

Star, I've missed your "fractured fairy tales" unique and very supportive common sense posts for the longest time. Your "voice" really shines through in all you write. I'm beyond sorry for all the struggles your family has endured these many months. I will surely keep all of you in my prayers.
God love you,
CJ

Star you are an amazingly strong woman with a generous heart and beautiful spirit. I am so sorry for all you and your family have been going through. Send your df my regards, I had wondered how he was. Your mom once sent the most beautiful Christmas card. She is a lot like you. Hugs.