Circle of support and prayer request for Serentityprayer and her difficult child...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
SP's son was admitted to the hospital some time yesterday (Friday). Her husband sent me an email and she posted on Facebook that difficult child has pancreatitis and his bowels have stopped moving. That's about all I know. Please keep him in your prayers. Reaching out from the Chicken Coop to...

M

ML

Colorado, praying for healing and recovery. Lots of love and hugs... and on to ...

Marguerite

Sydney, Australia. A nephew of mine has had this - he's needed to change his lifestyle and is taking some time to get his health back.

Marg

gcvmom

Here we go again!
They think it may be due to the Depakote he's taking for his BiPolar (BP). AND... she said they think he may also have Crohn's :( (SP also has that). SP is a very strong believer in the power of prayer -- thanks so much for the support. I will pass this along to her.

TerryJ2

Virginia, on the water.
Ouch! Crohn's is no fun, to say the least. I hope they can find a quick replacement for the Depakote.
Reaching out from Virginia to ...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thank you, everyone! Turns out they're at a hospital very close to me so I stopped in to check on the family. He's on morphine for the pain and ativan, plus a bunch of other stuff for the severe nausea. He's off all his psychiatric medications now and when the Ativan wears off his anxiety goes sky high. He's not too happy about mom going home to rest tonight while dad takes over sleeping on the cot next to him. My kiddos are putting together some gameboy games to loan him while he's stuck in there. It's going to be several days at least before he'll be released. They're doing an IBD panel on Monday to see if he's got the antibodies that would be indicative of Crohn's... I'm hoping that's not the case, but with his genes (both his mom and aunt have it) the cards are stacked against him.

Keep those prayers comin'!