Circle of support and prayer request for Serentityprayer and her difficult child...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, May 8, 2010.

1. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

SP's son was admitted to the hospital some time yesterday (Friday). Her husband sent me an email and she posted on Facebook that difficult child has pancreatitis and his bowels have stopped moving. That's about all I know. Please keep him in your prayers. Reaching out from the Chicken Coop to...
  2. ML

ML Guest

Colorado, praying for healing and recovery. Lots of love and hugs... and on to ...
  3. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

Sydney, Australia. A nephew of mine has had this - he's needed to change his lifestyle and is taking some time to get his health back.

4. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

and back to California, reaching out to...
  5. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Prayers being said from WI. Onto...
  6. confuzzled

confuzzled Member

my heart breaks for them...hope prayers on the east coast will help!!

in my thoughts.........
  7. jal

jal Member

Sending prayers from CT...
  8. bby31288

bby31288 Active Member

Reaching from CT to NJ to add my prayers and support!!
  9. GoingNorth

GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

Grabbing hold here in WI. Reaching out to...?
  10. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Reaching out from New York state and onto... (moving this over to Watercooler)
  11. Star*

Star* call 911

South Carolina sending good wishes and hugs .........reaching out to...........
  12. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

They think it may be due to the Depakote he's taking for his BiPolar (BP). AND... she said they think he may also have Crohn's :( (SP also has that). SP is a very strong believer in the power of prayer -- thanks so much for the support. I will pass this along to her.
  13. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Adding my prayers and sending hugs to the entire family.
  14. ThreeShadows

ThreeShadows Quid me anxia?

Prayers going up from Maryland....
  15. katya02

katya02 Solace

... and more prayers from Pennsylvania .....
  16. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Grabbing Katya's hand and saying heavy duty prayers.........reaching out from ohio to...........
  17. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Virginia, on the water.
    Ouch! Crohn's is no fun, to say the least. I hope they can find a quick replacement for the Depakote.
    Reaching out from Virginia to ...
  18. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Thank you, everyone! Turns out they're at a hospital very close to me so I stopped in to check on the family. He's on morphine for the pain and ativan, plus a bunch of other stuff for the severe nausea. He's off all his psychiatric medications now and when the Ativan wears off his anxiety goes sky high. He's not too happy about mom going home to rest tonight while dad takes over sleeping on the cot next to him. My kiddos are putting together some gameboy games to loan him while he's stuck in there. It's going to be several days at least before he'll be released. They're doing an IBD panel on Monday to see if he's got the antibodies that would be indicative of Crohn's... I'm hoping that's not the case, but with his genes (both his mom and aunt have it) the cards are stacked against him.

Keep those prayers comin'!
  19. Tiapet

Tiapet Old Hand

my thoughts for the family from NC .....on to the next......
  20. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

to Illinois and onto...