Circle of Support for "Auntie Star"

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Star glad and relieved they'd held off on the decision. So sorry Dude is so sick. Plenty of chicken soup, tylenol, push fluids, and rest. In other words, Mommy spoiling.

As for the job thing.....there has to be something out there. My nephew is a convincted felon. He doesn't seem to have trouble after spending age 16-24 in prison for armed robbery and assault plus parole volations. I believe my Mom directed him to a church. Most likely to give him a chance, if not the church itself then maybe someone in the church itself. Someone who owns a business, needs work done ect.

My nephew has been working for a guy who owns a small business in contracting the pastor put him in touch with. Last I heard it was working out well. Reminds me to ask my Mom how he's doing.

Sit down and prop your feet up for a good long while, you've earned it.

Hugs

Steely

Hey Star.........

Well, I am coming into this a little late, sorry - but none the less you were in my prayers today. I am glad you were granted a small reprieve today, a little more time can do a lot.
I think Daisy mentioned Goodwill, which, definitely hires people who are hard to employee, like people with a record.
Additionally, has he checked out Craigs List for people who are looking for handymen, or people to do odd jobs? Or temp/day labor sorts of places?

Many, many hugs.

donna723

Star, have him apply to restaurants! Not necessarily the fast food joints but the regular sit-down restaurants that have a large staff. It's not the most glamorous job in the world but it pays real money! A lot of our parolees or even people in half-way houses work in restaurants. It depends on which chain, but many of them do hire people with felony convictions on their records. It's worth a try anyway!

nvts

Hey Auntie! You know, everytime I've gone to reply to your update, YOU'RE little bugger starts a game of "Bladder Trampoline!"

I'm glad you were able to get a "stay" on the activity.

I'm glad Dude is able to stay with you to get better!

Dude: thanks for the note via Mom - see what she does for you?!!!

Try the Salvation Army also. Quite often they have in-roads with different employers. Also the local churches.

Oh, the lil' bugger is happy that Auntie Star made such an impression in court!

Beth

K

Kjs

I'm sorry I missed this. Been gone a while. But you everyone is aways in my thoughts.

DDD

Phew/Whew! Now you can exhale..lol.

I just got an idea. A thinking out of the box idea, to be exact.

First...does Dude have any violent convictions? Second...does Dude have one teacher or one minister or one counselor who believe in his future? If
so, here is my suggestion:

Date

To Manager of ______ (fill in the multiple blanks AND keep a list of mailing
addresses, names and DATES)

My name is Dude X and I desperately need to get a job before ???. I am know that there are thousands (or hundreds) of people asking for the opportunity to work for your company. I am not the most experienced or most educated applicant but I am one of the most motivated. Could you give me an opportunity even if it is only a few hours a week?

Although I just turned 18 a few months ago I have experienced some very
difficult circumstances in the past which have slowed down my maturity
and employment experience. I have made a number of poor choices in my growing up years that I hope to put behind me by becoming a dependable
employee at a company like yours. I need a helping hand from a community leader so I can prove my value.

Please contact me for an interview. I can be reached via 3423432 or
9863523516. Any opportunity will be greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Will he sweep floors, clean toilets, trim bushes, do dishes?? If he is ready to do anything legal that is available I bet some employer will reach out and offer a part time opportunity. If he has one teacher or adult who would write a cover letter of recommendation (truthful not over blown) that would be helpful too.

What do you think? DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
D3 - OMG do you write for a living?

PHENOMINAL LETTER (I bow to your brilliance - WOW) I will print this out and get someone to write that for him. I think maybe (MAYBE) the pastor of his church would help him. He's been going and listening (thank...G...well you know) and I am hoping that the maturity he spoke with yesterday in the meeting at the agency showed them he's trying. He really hasn't given it much of a try before - but when DF stood up for him and spoke - I WAS FLOORED - so was Dude - DF? Man of few words, but when he does speak? You listen because he makes sense and he's never stood up like that for his son. I belive Dude said we were lethal. lol. We just spoke the truth and made sense. because we KNOW the gov't makes NONE......

Baby GIRL....How are you my widdle cutie wootie? I wuvs her .yesh I do....pretty baby.....okay 'nuf bwadder twampowieene mmmk? You are so special - yesh you are....mmmm mmmmm mmmmmm mmmm mmmmm.

Thanks to all who kept us in your prayers and good wishes and beads and livers. Dude never heard me speak of the nekid chicken liver dance - but I told him years ago when he was so out of control that if I had to strip naked, and tape bloody chicken livers to my elbows and dance in the moon light to help him DESPITE what neighbors saw - I would do it to help him. After he got a visual he shuddered and then snorted. (like mother like son) I told him one night I attempted to do it (sans liver) and actually brought rain. With that DF sang a little "rain dance song" - it was MAKE HER COME IN, MAKE HER COME IN, MAKE HER COME INSIDE....lol :surprise:

:tongue:

Humor balances us in an unbalanced world...