Circle of support for David645

Kathy813

Staff member
David mentioned that his son might be released from the hospital today. Let's keep David and his family in our thoughts.

From Atlanta to . . .

Last edited:

DDD

Grabbing on from Florida, sending support to David's family, and reaching out to ??? DDD

Nancy

I've been thinking about you and your difficult child. Sending prayers that he is recovering and you have a plan for help.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stretching out to grab KTmom's hand in central CA and reaching out to.....................

Prayers and many ((((hugs))))) David.

David645

Thank you EVERYONE for the support and love! I really appreciate it!

My son is feeling better and was meeting with the crisis counselor in the hospital, as I type this. He'll probably be discharged from the hospital today or tomorrow and sent to a psychiatric facility where he will be for a few days. I really want him to go to a facility to get help for at least 30 days and treat him as a person, not just the symptoms...However, we'll make the best of it and have some importamt decisions to make.

My son probably won't be returning to college this upcoming semester, because of the issues.

I'll let you know how it goes.

rejectedmom

David I agree that he needs more than a few days. Maybe once he goes to the treatment center and after they evaluate him, they wil come up with a different plan. That is what happened with my easy child/difficult child who ended up doing 6 weeks at the treatment center.

Nancy

Thank you for checking in David. I'm encouraged to hear he will be going to a facility from the hospital. I agree he needs long term treatment. Actually we started out with 30 days for our difficult child and she ended up being there 60 days. If we could have afforded it financially I would have extended it to 90 days and go to a halfway (sober) house from there.

Keep us posted on the developments.

Nancy