Circle of support for Flutterby

flutterby

Fly away!
Oh, you guys....:9-07tears:

Thank you so much for you thoughts and prayers. Today has been a very stressful and emotional day.

easy child got married and it just felt so surreal. I feel awful, but I couldn't feel excited no matter how hard I tried. I put on my happy face, but I guess I'm just not ready to let him go. He hasn't lived at home for over a year, so that seems really silly. I guess I need to process it. They weren't supposed to get married until June, and decided less than a week ago to get married today and I've had so much going on, and with my flare, that I'm just not processing anything correctly. It was a nice ceremony and difficult child took pictures throughout (she's taking photography this year in school).

Jewel had a spontaneous pneumothorax a few weeks ago. She was at the emergency vet for 4 days with a chest tube. She was home for 4 days, and got sick again. She had 2 large bulla (sp) in her lungs filled with air and fluid - which is probably what caused the first pneumothorax when one ruptured. She had surgery and had 2 lobes of her lung removed. The recurrence rate was supposed to be almost non-existent. She started exhibiting the same symptoms as she did initially at 2am. I took her to my regular vet and what shows on the x-ray isn't clear. It could be a bulla that is just filled with air and not fluid (fluid makes it show up better), but we're hoping it's pneumonia. Weird thing to be hoping for. She's on antibiotics and pain medications, but I think it's another bulla. Mother's intuition, you know. She presented clinically normal the 2 times I had her at the emergency clinic as well. So, I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst and sleeping in the living room with her. I can't afford another surgery, and if it reoccurred already, I feel like another surgery would just be torture. They cracked her chest - not an easy recovery.

And my car decided to act up today. So, I had to arrange a rental car and drop it at the dealership for service after the wedding. My mom followed me up and I was just begging my car to make it and not die in rush hour traffic in the rain. Traffic was a nightmare this evening. Though, I am really enjoying the rental car. :)

difficult child is having sinus surgery tomorrow and her anxiety is through the roof.

I'm actually really, really glad that I'm not doing anything for Thanksgiving until Saturday. I need a few days to decompress.

Thank you, ladies. You've really lifted me up today. You guys are the best. :grouphug:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh, for heaven's sake, Heather...tell your body and the world that you've had ENOUGH! :919Mad:I'm glad you were able to hang in there today.

Gentle hugs,
Suz

tiredmommy

Friends~ Jewel has taken a very bad turn for the worse. Her respirations are quite high and she feels cold to the touch. Heather doubts Jewel will survive the night. :crying:

TerryJ2

Virginia. Sheesh, what a combination of events!
I'm sending healthy, strong and loving vibes from Virginia to ...

flutterby

Fly away!
Jewel was cold to the touch, hardly moving, and respirations high. I covered her with a fleece blanket and every heaving breath, or a pause in breathing, I'd think, "Is this it?" I was crying and just a mess. I was petting her and telling her I loved her. I had to leave to pick up a friend from work - I didn't want to - and was terrified that difficult child was going to call and say that Jewel had died. Instead, I get home and Jewel is warm, greeted me, and even chased the damn cat. Her respiration is still quite a bit higher than her normal, but not on the border of the "danger zone" of 60+. I'm very relieved and happy, obviously, but there is that sick humor that makes you think, "damn difficult child dog...making me worry". She's not out of the woods yet, but the signs are good.

In other news, playing in my head right now is, "Upside down, before you turn me, inside out, and round and round..." I think it fits. With everything.

Steely

Oh. Jewel.....she sounds just like Chester. Geez, that dog had more tenacity than any being I have ever encountered. He kept me on my toes till the end.
Glad jewel is hanging tough, just like you and difficult child.
((hugs)))

DammitJanet

Glad Jewel is now a bit better. Will keep praying for her...and you.

You will process your sons wedding in time. You love him and your new daughter in law. Doesnt that sound funny to say? LOL. I think you got a better one than I did. Lucky duck. Yes it was soon but Im sure it was lovely and it will be fine.

Heather, I'm sorry that you're not feeling well. I hope today is better....sending strength, hugs, chocolate and wine.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Glad to hear there is good news for the flutter house! Continuing to send positive vibes and prayers.

cubsgirl

Sorry I'm coming in late to this. I am glad that Jewel was feeling better. Prayers, good thoughts, juju, everything I got heading your way.

BusynMember

Wow. I just don't check the WC enough.

Heather, I'm so sorry things have been so hard for you, but congrats on the wedding and God bless your precious dog! I hope you can wind down enough to enjoy Thanksgiving on Saturday.

flutterby

Fly away!
Wynter had sinus surgery on Wednesday. Apparently, they told us the wrong surgery time, so we were there almost 2 hours early. difficult child's anxiety was through the roof and they hit her with versed twice before surgery. When she woke up, she had a panic attack and they gave her more versed. Then more again about an hour later. That's on top of 4 doses of fentanyl and a dose of liquid lortab. Anxiety, anyone? But the surgery went well. They enlarged her very narrow sinus passages and removed a cyst from her left sinus. She's not having any pain (after I spent $75 for two days worth of liquid hydrocodone because no one in town had the generic - but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it). Apparently, she's very reactive to adhesive, too, and her face is lobster red and really sore from the paper tape used to hold the gauze under her nose to catch drainage (no packing). Fortunately, she's not draining anymore because I'm not sure what else to use. Paper tape is what you use when people are sensitive to the other stuff - at least that's what I've been told.

She is doing really well, though, because they expected her to need the gauze strips for several days. She is having a lot of drainage - just not out of her nose. She slept a lot after we got home yesterday and some more today. No surprise. I was surprised she was awake and alert for the drive home. She had enough drugs in her to take down an elephant. Sheesh. She has to go back to the doctor in a week, and then every couple of weeks so he can suck things out. Sounds unpleasant to me. I haven't told her that part, yet. No need to get her worked up too far in advance. He did talk about it in front of her - I just don't think she remembers it because her anxiety was so high.

It ended up being an 8 hour day. By the time we left the surgery center it was 3pm and holiday traffic was in full force. It took us 2 hours to get home - it's normally a 30 minute trip. And I thought I lost the script for the liquid hydrocodone - couldn't find it anywhere. The doctor was already gone and I had to call his emergency line twice. He finally called me back as I was pulling into the garage (after I'd already dropped off the script for the antibiotics) to tell me that he can't call that medication in - state law. Just then, difficult child got out of the car and she had been sitting on it. LOL! I don't know how it fell out of my purse, but I was so glad we had it. Then no one had the generic, and insurance won't cover the brand name, and....just one thing after another after another after another. On top of less than 5 hours sleep for several days in a row. I won't even go into the very loud, obnoxious people waiting at the surgery center who I had to listen to for 3 hours. They then ended up being right next to us in the recovery area, and they were so loud that I couldn't hear difficult child and she was 3 feet from me. The nurses didn't say anything so I did. And I wasn't nice about it. I was tired and irritable and stressed and really annoyed by that point.

Jewel is doing much better. Her breathing still isn't normal, but it's not bad either. She still coughs from time to time, but that's better, too. For a couple of hours on Monday, I really thought we were going to lose her. Once she's done with the antibiotics, I want to have another chest x-ray done. She's also on very restricted activity because of the surgery and she hasn't exactly been compliant, so she could have done something that way, too. She had 45 external staples (removed on Monday), she has internal staples in her lungs, plus wire holding her rib cage together. A lot of things to go wrong...

I'm adjusting to my son being married. I do love his wife - it was just fast and difficult child has been falling apart at the seams, and I'm flaring, and my dog almost dying a couple of times, and difficult child's medication reactions and a psychiatrist who doesn't get it, and planning on moving, and, and, and..... It was just too much. I'm having a hard enough time holding myself together, as it is. Then to have to hold everyone else together, too...it's just taking a toll.

Thank you, ladies, for thinking of me. Things will calm down eventually - one way or another.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
So glad difficult child came through the surgery well, despite her high anxiety. And glad that Jewel is doing better. Poor dog. That is one heckova ordeal to go through.

It's just so lovely when it all hits at once isn't it? Not. Try to snatch a bit of me time inbetween nursing your two sick babies.

Hugs