circle of support for hound dog

crazymama30

Hopefully today Hound dog's difficult child will call the psychiatrist. I want to start a circle of support for her and difficult child, and hope that the call to the psychiatrist is made. From Oregon reaching out to......................

trinityroyal

Reaching out from Toronto. Saying many prayers that N makes the call, and sending strength and hugs your way.

Reaching out to...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Grabbing that crazy hand in VA and putting in another crazy hand in SC then reaching out yet the other crazy hand in SC to......
Hang in there hound....owwwwwwwwww.......

gcvmom

Here we go again!
from the rainy chicken coop I'm sending inviisible mind control thought waves telling N to "call the psychiatrist... caaaalll the psychiatrist...", and now on to:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks guys.

She came over this morning. I handed her the phonebook and the phone. How's that for subtle? :tongue:

She just looked ashamed and humiliated and said she'd give psychiatrist a call. phht. I can understand that. This was her 1st huge psychotic break and it was a dilly, even by my Mom's standards. It scares her, I can see it. But boyfriend needs to stay firm. It's a huge indication she has to have her medications back, and may even need a new evaluation done.
She stayed all day. Not sure why. I left for school at noon cuz my morning class was cancelled. At that point she still hadn't called. But she just called me so I asked her. And she said she tried but they must have been at lunch and they didn't answer. I told her she can come over and call them tomorrow. They take a late lunch and she may have caught them then. She wasn't here when I got home.

She said she'd try them again tomorrow. So we'll see.

Other than reminding her, this part I have to detach from. Has to be her decision.

And frankly I'm over my stress limits. I'm trying to detach where I can but honestly, can't do it too much as the next episode can be any moment. That's how quickly her thinking/moods shift. So I have to inform my instructors what is going on so I can keep my cell phone on in class, even if it's just vibrate. She's been "ok" the past 2 days but as I said, that can change in an instant.

Frigging exhausting.:(

School? It will be what it will be. Once again I'm behind and playing catch up. I just keep putting 1 foot in front of the other in hopes of making it to the end. At this point, it's all I can do. ugh

Clinicals tomorrow. Got to toss my scrubs in the wash and hunker down and study pharm again. I swear I eat breathe and sleep that friggin subject.:ashamed:

(((hugs)))

DammitJanet

I know first hand how hard and scary it is to call someone when you think they may think you are crazy and you have kids involved in the whole situation. I was terrified that someone would want to take my kids from me so I hid my illness from the outside world for years. Even my family didnt know how bad things really were for me. Oh Tony knew how my moods shifted drastically and how irritable I became with each shift but he was convinced I just had a really bad case of PMS. I had one good week a month...lol. Poor man.

Nichole may be fearing the same thing. That "they" may take Aubrey from her if she is sicker than what she has been before. It can be a crippling fear.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Good point Janet. But I've stressed with Nichole from the moment she became pregnant with Aubrey that no one could ever take her as long as she sought or was involved in a treatment plan and did her best to stick with it. Even so, I do know that is a big fear of hers. Old psychiatrist would reinforce it.......but yeah.
She got hung up today and couldn't get over to call. Said this evening she'd try tomorrow. I saw psychiatrist while on clinicals.......so hard to resist asking him how long it would take to get Nichole in to see him. But one doesn't do that when being a "professional"....especially as a student. sigh He told me 3 yrs ago he'd not hesitate to take her as a patient. And he knows some of her background from me.
She didn't seem so put off by it, so maybe.

Keeping N in my thoughts and hoping today is the day she has the courage and strength to take that first step towards helping herself - I've got my fingers crossed she makes that call!!! SFR

crazymama30

Hugs. I hope she makes the call eventually. Keep putting one foot in front of the other at school, it is the only way you will make and you will. I know you will.