Circle of Support for Hurting Parents this Holiday Season

SRL

Holidays can be tough on any family, but even tougher on those who have a difficult child. If you're facing a holiday that is less than ideal, we want to let you know the CD community is thinking of you.

Maybe you're stressed from walking on eggshells, dealing with rages, tired of defending yourselves to family, feeling devasted from substance abuse, or are separated from your child due to hospitalization or imprisonment. Perhaps you are hurting...or lonely...or weary...or depressed. Or a host of other things I haven't even thought to mention here.

Whether you are a long-time member, a newcomer, a lurker, a first time visitor--or anywhere in between--we're here to support you. We care.

Reaching out from the midwest to...

lovemysons

Awww,
SRL, you are so very thoughtful.
My young difficult child called me from Jail yesterday morning...but sigh, my phone won't accept collect calls so only heard him say his name. But at least I knew he was thinking of me on my Birthday! It is hard to have a child in "crisis" during this time.

Reaching out to others from Texas...

trinityroyal

grabbing Tammy's hand in Texas and reaching out from Toronto.

Thinking of everyone who has difficult family situations to dealing with and sending support.

On to...

LittleDudesMom

Central Virginia - wishes and hopes for a peaceful acceptance and the insight to find the blessings along the way - sending support and warm thoughts along to.......

slsh

member since 1999
The Windy City.... My thoughts have especially been with families who are struggling this holiday season. Know that good thoughts are coming your way. Hold on to hope - how things are today, this week, this year, are not how they always will be. Time passes, things change, we all grow.

My very best holiday wishes to you all. Reaching out to....

T

TeDo

The cold north where prayers and hopes abound for all to have a "tolerable" if not enjoyable holiday season. Grabbing on to the hand in .......

TerryJ2

The warmer SE coast of VA. I am sending empathy and courage to all those parents whose shoulders are sore, have constant headaches, literal and figurative, are oh, so tired of walking on eggshells, and don't know whether to bring their kids to a relative's house, IF the child is even invited. I've been there. Am still there. Reaching from VA to ...

klmno

thank you, SRL- this is very thoughtful of you to think of others here during your holidays. I plan to see my difficult child tomorrow albeit I'll be sitting on those blasted plastic chairs, again incarcerated but it will be the first time I could see him on Christmas Day itself for 3 years. We had a photo taken, which is the first I'd have of difficult child in 3 1/2 years, but I haven't rec'd it in the mail yet.

My well wishes and arms are reaching out to all those here, both those giving support and those others needing it, onto....

janie

New Zealand
Reaching my hand out from sunny Hastings, New Zealand .... thinking of you all .... I am very grateful that my difficult child is sober, and he graduated from University a few weeks ago with a Masters in Criminology - (and he should know all about it from both sides shall we say) .... :) .... there IS hope :) .... so I am reaching out my hand to .....

M

Mamaof5

Someone hug me. G-d I hate Christmas real bad this year...

I hug you all back.

*sigh* excuse me while I do the one activity I hate even more than Christmas...wrapping stupid awkward darned "box" like gifts. I swear the toy manufacturers are trying to give me either a whopping headache or a rather interesting way to invent a new string of curse words...

SRL

Someone hug me. G-d I hate Christmas real bad this year...

I hug you all back.

*sigh* excuse me while I do the one activity I hate even more than Christmas...wrapping stupid awkward darned "box" like gifts. I swear the toy manufacturers are trying to give me either a whopping headache or a rather interesting way to invent a new string of curse words...

:grouphug: Hang in there, it will be over soon.

I feel your pain on the wrapping. I spent 3 hours rounding up and wrapping gifts this morning. Next year I think I'll include a circle of support for the decorating and gift wrapping challenged (...that would be ME!). :christmaslights:

Last edited: