Circle of Support for Marcie Mac

DDD

I've got Fran's hand and am extending my Florida hand on to .... Sending caring thoughts. DDD

Ephchap

... grabbing onto your hand, Suz, from Michigan. Marcie, sending lots of good thoughts to you and s/o ... and onto ...

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Thank you all so much :) He is still in the hospital - er doctor was going to release him yesterday without any xrays, and I went mmmmm.....absolutely not. They said his breathing was ok now - and its like, ok thats good, however, he was in a car accident and has severe osteo and you haven't even taken an xray and his neck/back is killing him. Asked er doctor to call SO's doctor, and he was speedily admitted. His arm is burned from the safety bag exploding, and that white powder it emits almost did him in - he said his lungs were still burning. Truck is probably a total, we didn't have physical damage (long story due to eldest and her druggie paramour at the time) so now we have to go get an attorney. Other guy says he didn't run the light, that he just was exiting the gas station at the corner - no way that happened or there wouldn't be as much damage - he was hightailing it down the road and I think he was texting. Will have the adjustor check that out.

When I arrived, the guy was texting away - never got out or looked up for the 30 minutes we were there. There were tons of people who had seen what happened, stopped to help and the minute the police got there, everyone scattered and no one gave a witness statement.
Hopefully the two gas stations on the corner had a video camera.

Don't know how long he will be there - his doctor had not come in yet. Am just so thankful that when he asked me to go to Home Depot with him, I was too tired and still had to cook dinner for mom. Or else she would have definately been in a bind with both of us in the hospital :(

Marcie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:scared:Coming in late to this -- I'm glad to hear things aren't worse -- bad enough, but at least he's getting patched up. Any word on the xray results yet?

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
He has a fractured neck and fractures in his back :( They sent him home today as there is nothing they could do - has all of the braces on and still is in a lot of pain. Told him if he was perfectly healthy, he would be in a lot of pain. Because of his Osteo, there is nothing to be done. doctor gave him a rx of Dilantin, but the pharmacy wouldn't fill it, medi cal doesnt cover it so have to sort that out tomorrow.

And for some reason mom has gotten all loopy and isn't making sense - gotta call the doctor for her. I think she may have a virus, and is bringing up all kind of green stuff. She keeps chugging the thera flue, and lathered herself down with Vicks. We left the pain pills by her bed so she could take one in the middle of the night but that has stopped like today. Doesn't help she has a tumor growing on her brain stem which could be starting of a problem. She is not a happy camper that she doesn't have instant access to her "medicine" SO is not a happy camper his truck is totaled and is in a lot of pain. I am not a happy camper I don't have any of "MY" medications left LOL