Circle of Support for Marg

klmno

Sorry I'm jumping in so late on this one- many well wishes being sent from Virginia with HUGS and prayers for a speedy recovery, on to.....

donna723

From Tennessee ...

Marg, I hope you're over your 'bug' by now, feeling lots better, and back home where you belong!

nvts

Oh Marg! I'm reaching out with prayers and thoughts of good wishes to you!

Reaching all the way from New York City to...

Beth

TerryJ2

Marg, I'm disinfecting all of my angel dust and sending it straight from E Coast Virginia to Australia. Get better soon!
We miss you!!!

KTMom91

Grabbing Terry's disinfected hand here in sunny California, and holding my other (also disinfected) had out to...

Marguerite

Aw, you guys are great!

To give an update I began the Good Morning thread for Thursday, I'm back home now, feeling a little fragile but everything is now under control. I'm planning on an early night because I have a busy day tomorrow starting with a phone conference at 8.30 am.

I don't normally get bugs like this, even when others in the family get them. The more i think about it, the more I think I picked this up on Sunday at the arts fair, when I had a cup of coffee at a Devonshire tea stall run by the Guides. All it takes is a coffee mug not washed in hot enough water after having been previously used by someone coming down with this... or it could have been others at the fair, handing me a raffle ticket or the change from buying some buns. Or touching the hand rail climbing the stairs to the hall where the Devonshire teas were... who knows? But the local GP (who saw husband & difficult child 3 on Tuesday when they were such a mess) said that she's seeing a lot of it in town. And a lot of the town was at the fair... and will be next Sunday. I'm taking plenty of my antibacterial waterless hand cleaner for easy child 2/difficult child 2 to stay healthy. She's working the fair as a performer.

We will get a bill for the last 24 hours' service. First there's the ambulance and the fire brigade. Yes, we got both. A local off-duty ambulance officer lives a few doors away, he didn't even stop to put his shoes on, I think I heard husband comment. we had rung because we anticipated a need, but I deteriorated fast and by the time he got there, I was in shock to the extent that he couldn't find a vein to put in a drip. He finally found a small one and by the time the fire brigade arrived (they now have to assist in transport) he had the drip in and the news was that an outside ambulance was coming in. Since the local one is a 4WD I was happy that the more comfortable chariot arrived and our neighbour was happy to hand over and go back to his day off. The brigade and husband got me out the bedroom window and onto the trolley (which then bogged in the garden bed). The neighbour was still there and his terrier had come running down and jumped into the front seat of the ambulance, behind the wheel. I only found out about this later, someone took a photo (difficult child 3?) and I'm going to take the photo to the neighbour and suggest captions like, "ambulance service desperate for local drivers" and "only a dog would work under these conditions."
Our health insurance will cover the ambulance trip. The hospital is covered under Medicare (nationalised medicine - compulsory tax-based insurance). At least with everything else, we don't have to worry about expenses.

husband was smart enough to pack my medications, complete with prescription labels. I think that made it all run faster, although it was still too slow for me. He had also rung to cancel my appointments and also rung my GP so she would be ready when the hospital rang - and she was.

I wasn't very compus when we got to the hospital - I was lucky, I went straight into a room rather than a cubicle, which meant they could turn the lights off. Otherwise I can't tell you much. They did blood tests, an ECG which was odd because I thought someone had said EEG and then someone undressed me. I saw him put gloves on then I felt him sticking dots on me. I have no idea what happened after that until husband was there later, tying on the gown behind my neck. The ambo had done a good job, the drip line held. The other hand/arm got taped up to the oxygen monitor and the BiPolar (BP) cuff which was a good thing because when the sats went down someone put a mask on me. It did help, but what helped the most was when the finally gave me the pain relief in the drip, and then when the sips of water stayed down they let me take my oral medications. That is when I really began to improve, by about 5 am. After that it was fast. I used two sticks to walk out of the hospital but by the time we got home I could manage without any, to get inside the house. I even visited a close neighbour this evening although I used my wheels.

Tomorrow I have to drive into the city. I think I'll be OK though, especially if I continue improving at this rate. It's been a nasty bug but I'm coming back fast, thank goodness. And thank goodness, so have the others come back fast. Although mother in law is still feeling shaky and we're all feeling sore.

So thanks again for your prayers and thoughts. At least I didn't give this to any of you!

Marg