Cocaine addiction

Tiredof33

Our newspaper had a brief interview with Dennis Quaid in it today and he discussed his addiction to cocaine. He said he started right after college. At first it was fun, then fun with problems, and then just problems. Cocaine causes paranoia and low self esteem. He knew that if he did not stop he would be dead in about 5 years.

He was quoted as just waking up in his late 30's and deciding to go into a month long rehab. With cocaine use so wide spread in the movie star circles it must have been hard to stay away from it.

It's great (in my opinion) to have these celebs with drug problems speak up on the problems the drugs caused and how they over came them. Maybe our difficult children will start to realize that their lives can be turned around too.

Nancy

What's really sad to me is to see some of these celebrities go into rehab and come out and say they are clean and a few months/years later you find out they relapsed. But I don't know why I should be surprised since that's the same thing that happens to our difficult children. I hope he stays clean.

Nancy