Cold weather lessons

F

flutterbee

We had a 33 degree drop today. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are in the forecast for the next 3 days, but I think most of it is supposed to hit a bit south of us this time.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, hands are surviving. They actually look kind of cool. It's like it was almost intentionally done. Not much pain.

Fran - anyone who can answer that question wins a million dollars. I thought I knew, but obviously not.

Woke up this morning with one heck of a cold. First one I've had in years.

Stang...I DID read the cold weather tips. But, what should take 30 seconds to do other places takes a half hour here. Boots, hat, coat, scarve, gloves...blah, blah. I just thought I'd run out, grab the cans and be done with it. And yes, I am the only person on Earth who still has metal trash cans. Gotta love Goodwill.:peaceful:

Adrianne...you need to scoot over to WI. I'm not snowed in anymore. Wait. I haven't looked outside yet today.:sad-very:

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
We had metal cans up in Idaho. We burned stuff in em'... Most of the neighbors did. In the winter you can't really burn anything cept in that can!
Before we got our shredder or when you have a lot to burn or if you have leaves or branches... we would be out there, us and a couple of neighbors all standing around our cans... sticks poking the fires... very hill-jacky.
We used them to put the garbage in after it burned down down then.
In the summer when there are burn watches, they are nice for burning as well....

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh Toto...the visual is just too much. ;) Are you related to my next door neighbors? (The Georgia guys.)

Abbey

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
easy child 1 and I cooked breakfast for 55 in a 24 inch cast iron skillet over the fire while camping this summer.
Afterwards, we burnt the paper plates, etc, in the fire ring, lazily sitting around it poking it occassionally with sticks.
Friends who passed by later brought their garbage to us "homeless" people so we'd have more fuel for future garbage fires...
Not from GA tho.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey - OH so you need gloves for your hands! I got 2 posts confused. :tongue:(not on an icepole)

Toto IS bad - sits in corner with Star a LOT.

Andy - DF's family is from near Devils Lake - not too far from you I think. Their farm is 17 miles from the Canadian border----they were -52 with windchill yesterday during the blizzard. They raise cattle....(tough cows)

And to everyone else? It's a blinking 70 degrees here and I swear my irises are trying to bloom. :alien:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Just got up from a nap...sick. Yuck. And, it's snowing. Great.

You guys go to your corner, I'm going to find my heating blanket and snuggle in. Please note: Star and Toto should NEVER be in the same corner.

-52? I'd be out of there in a heart beat.

Abbey