Collections

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
husband collected old cookbooks as did I. I collected old medical textbooks from the early 30s on back. I had to give those up when I lost the house to medical bills after husband died.

Both of us hoarded paperback books. We probably had more than 1,000 of them at one time.

Now, living up North. I don't have the room for books.

Instead, I have a Kindle Paperwhite that has about 400 books on it. Most of them freebies from Amazon or some of the indie sites. I run Calibre, which allows me to convert books in other formats to the .mobi format the KPW uses.

Lothlorien

I'm another one who doesn't collect things. Frankly, it's because I don't want to have to dust them! The one thing that I started collecting is Christmas ornaments from places we go. It started with our honeymoon. I got a cute little sand dollar ornament at the airport on the way home. I can enjoy them once a year for a couple of weeks and then they get packed away for the next year.

The only other thing that is sort of a collection is that I am always on the lookout for pieces to my grandmother's tea set from England. It wasn't sold here, so it's sort of rare in the US. It's Royal Stafford "Roses to Remember." I've added dinner plates, bowls, coffee pot and demitasse. The majority of it came from Great Britain or Australia. Most of what's on Ebay now is stuff that I already have or it's blue/yellow or is a ridged china. I would love to add a few more dinner plates and bowls though. I don't have to really dust that, because it's in a glass hutch.

Oh..I love looking at old cookbooks and seeing how plain some recipes were. Yet, some of the old fashioned recipes have fallen off the face of the earth and were quite good.