Comment by Wizard

susiestar

Roll With It
On our way to the party yesterday, Wizard just floored me.

For those who don't know, we had Wizard put into a psychiatric hospital for 4 months when he was in 6th grade. He was trying to kill his sister and had been very violent with me also.:wildone: He will be entering 12th grade after skipping 1 year academically.

He just commented that he "really needed to go to psychiatric hospital X in order to be able to learn how to handle his anger and wouldn't have been able to learn it outpatient" and then said words to the effect that now he can see that we did it because we love him, NOT because we hated him or wanted him gone. :woohoo::yes::jumphappy:

I made only a light comment, as we were heading into WalMart. I will bring it up later in the week with him.

It means the world to me. He really really was SOO angry with me (husband as well, but me mostly), said he would NEVER forgive me, and really spent a long time trying to deny he needed the psychiatric hospital.

It has been quite a wonderful week with him. But we both agree that having him move back here with us is not the right thing. husband would be fine with having him here, or not.

So, for those who are afraid their kids will hate them or hold grudges for putting them in phosps, at least one difficult child here no longer feels this way!!!!!

Susie (one truly happy :warrior:)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Susie,
This was a great post to read! How awesome that he recognizes you did what you needed to do to help him!

klmno

That is great!! Congratulations to you and him- it sounds like he has come a long way and will be alright in the long run, which of course, counts a whole lot!! And, you can have a better relationship than what you worried about.

Not only that, it is good for others of us here to learn about a happy ending!!

Way To Go!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow, what a beautiful, glorious moment for you to feel, mom! And what a self-aware and mature thing for Wizard to admit!

LittleDudesMom

It's always great to hear a story of how a difficult child suddenly gets it! It kinda makes the stress and pain worth it because you know you have a true difference.

Sharon

Star*

call 911........call 911
NO! Really? WHO IS THIS CHILD????? lol

I'm happy for you.

Actually I am floored and envious - waiting for the day that Dude says Mom I know you did what you did because you love me - but I ain't holding my breath.

Glad you had a WOW moment.