Committed now.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have been really lax in serious aerobic exercise. I walk a good bit but I need something to get the heart pumping and the sweat rolling. For 8 yrs I was religious in my attendance and then poof!

So yesterday I registered and paid for boot camp. 5 days a week for 4 weeks at 5:30 AM. Can't be late and can't not show up unless sick. Yikes! not sure whether this was such a good idea but it's to jumpstart me on a routine that won't be quite as intense after the four weeks. Starts the day after Labor Day. Sept is the only month I am consistently at home for 4 wks in a row. One of those weeks I am keeping 2yr old niece with me.

In the meantime, I need to start developing some stamina by starting a little every day or I am going to be in big trouble.
Wish me luck. I'm sure I'm the oldest person in the group but what the heck. Someone has to be that person.

No turning back.

N

Nomad

Wishing you good luck! I think that's a good idea to start a bit now...so it wont be a shock to your system. You might want to have some Motrin and Epsom salts around, heh????

by the way, I can relate. I actually kinda like exercise. But I need at least a few days a week of really invigorating cardio to lose weight.

Hang in there...no turning back!!! It will be well worth it in the end!

p.s. The title of your post scared me...I thought difficult child finally made you go batty and you sent yourself to Gilligans Island for a week. LOL!!!

Last edited:
M

ML

I totally agree that it is a good idea to start now to acclimate. Wow, bootcamp! I'm proud of you for making this decision and know you will benefit greatly. If I could get my sleep cycles set I would set my alarm for 5:30 and do my trampolene every morning for a half hour. I'll have to think about joining you, Fran. Let me know what day you start. Then I can be the second oldest person!

trinityroyal

Wow Fran, that sounds wonderful. A real fall kick-start.
I agree that increasing your activity gradually in preparation is a good idea, just so that you're not completely flattened by the bootcamp.

I am inspired, as I am dying to get back into a regular exercise routine. I look forward to hearing about the bootcamp experience.

Trinity

KTMom91

(bows down, waves arms...)

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

Congratulations on your decision and your determination!

Fran

Former desparate mom
I did a 3 day a week boot camp when I was in texas but I was already exercising vigorously. It was hard but I finished and I think I lost the most inches. Probably because the other younger ladies were already more lean.

I have no shame. I'll go and be the worst. I paid money for a work out and everything else isn't important. 19 days won't kill me. I hope.
Besides I don't know anyone.

Nomad, I should be committed to Gilligan's Island. I want to be Mary Ann but I'd probably be Mrs. Howell. LOL. Getting older isn't a fun stereotype.

My motivation is going to ski in Feb. or Mar.

DammitJanet

LOL...the title of this post scared me to death!

I didnt know who did what to whom and why I didnt see it on the news...lmao.

Dont let Fran kid you, if you saw our pics, she was probably the thinnest or second thinnest person at the gathering. Harumph. She will make it through this with flying colors I predict. Boot camp will be afraid of Fran! I presume you arent heading down to Parris Island?

Fran

Former desparate mom
Rofl. My son's think I'm like a drill sergant. No, I'm not that fit. Janet you are too kind and you must have poor vision.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fran,
Good for you!!!! I've wanted to join a boot camp but there are none on my side of town that I know of. I think maybe that's a good thing for me!

I know you will be glad you did this!!:)

Fran, Good for you, I love it when the sweat is rolling. Sometimes you have to just jump right in, you can't prepare, tell yourself you can do anything for an hour. This will definately get you back on the track to working out. You will be surprised at how ready you are though. You'll not be the worst either! I'll bet there are heavy, out of shape people, who are signing up and everyone just wants to get in shape, the same as you! Fran, you go girl, the feeling you'll have afterward will be so wonderful.