Common medications/how many have your tried

oh my stars.........
for difficult child: in first category antidepressants: ALL except trazaodone,lexapro,luvox
antipsychotic category:ALL
Sedation: none of those but Vistaril at home, at Residential Treatment Center (RTC) they used thorazine im
Mood stabilizers: tegretol and neurontin
Stimulants: ALL except Cylert
antianxiety drugs: ALL
well as much as I can remember anyway.
For myself, have been doing prozac about 3 years now. Started out on Paxil but didn't like the side effects, zoloft was the best for me I thought but weight gain wasn't good. Sometimes I do use the lorazepam difficult child has had ordered in past to help sleep too. BLUE

No medications for difficult child (sometimes I feel that is best, sometimes I think we are shortchanging him)

As for me, I know I will never remember them all:

Zoloft
Celexa
Wellbutrin
Paxil
Prozac
Lithium
Epival
Clonazepam
Lorazipam
Ativan
Xanax

I'm positive I'm forgetting a couple of anti-anxiety ones and at least 2-3 antidepressants... WHEW/PHEW!! What a list of medications! Hadn't really thought about how large the list is... all of these medications have been tried AFTER easy child was born, and easy child is only 3 years old! :eek:

Actually, in under 2 years because I've been unmedicated now for more than a year, with the exception of some anti-anxiety medications this summer when I was having such a rough time emotionally while losing the baby and trying to find a home ...

also... FYI ... the no medications thing seems to work best, I have a light therapy lamp that I use to ward of SAD, I just got it from my doctor, they are very very pricey and she just plucked it from behind her desk. Is she awesome or what? Time will tell if it helps me or not. I don't really feel a need for anything except the lamp in winter when I tend to feel very sluggish, etc...

My difficult child has yet to be prescribed medications ... his diagnosis is still relatively new and lots of tests have been going on to determine if the diagnosis of ADHD is complete and/or correct. Currently, we are seeing a psychotherapist who specializes in children with ADHD.

My DEX takes anti-depressant medications, although I am not sure which medications he is on.

As for myself, I am medication free for a little over three years now, but have taken the following for depression/anxiety:

Elavil
Paxil
Xanax

difficult child#1: Adderall XR (currently 20mg)
Clonidine--nightmares
Tenex--didn't work
Melatonin (current supplement for sleep)

difficult child#2: Ritalin
Adderall XR-- didn't work
Concerta-- didn't work
Metadate CD (current)
Clonidine (in am for aggression)
Previously used clonidine in pm for sleep, but found that Melatonin worked well for him too, so we switched.

Looking forward to Strattera because of appetite and sleep issues, plus it will not be a controlled substance, so we won't have to rush home from work to pick up a script at the doctor every 30 days. Not to mention husband works for Eli Lilly, and it will be free under insurance!

GrandPa

Gosh - let's see: difficult child has used:

Prozac
Celexa
Zoloft
Serzone
Paxil
Tenex
Guafacine
Wellbutrin
Risperdal
Serequel
Zyprexa
Mellarill
Dapakote
Ritalin
Adderall
Cylert
Tofranil
Imapramine (Don't remember if that was the same as Ritalin or Tofranil..
Buspar and (whew lot's of typing)
Effexor

I have used:

Prozac
Buspar
Zoloft
Celexa
Paxil

husband has used

Prozac
Risperdal
Serequel
Zyprexa

I know there are others that I have missed or that weren't on Fran's list.

By the way, lol, we have a family discount plan at the local psychiatric hospital.

So far easy child has'nt had to take any.

julz2

Let's see,

difficult child has used:

Ritalin
Paxil
Zoloft(currently)
Luvox
Topomax(currently)
Risperdal(currently)
Seroquel
Nortriptylene
Clonidine

What a necessary evil

:frown:

kbcamil

difficult child has tried adderall
ritalin
zoloft
clonidine
concerta
zyprexa

I have tried paxil,celexa,wellbutrin,zoloft
currently not taking anything.

painted_girl

Heres mine, not to bad :wink:

difficult child: Ritalin
Concerta - NOW

Me: Prozac
Wellbutrin - NOW

Thats it. They did try to add a beta blocker, I think it was called inderal, but we didn't see much change it was supposed to take the "bite" out of her afternoon attitude, slowing her reactions do normal things down.