Compassion flowing for Autistic five year old in the bunker...geez!

DDD

Of course I was aware that the school bus driver was killed and the armed kidnapper wanted two little boys but ended up with just one. An hour ago I first heard that the kidnapped little boy is Autistic. Good Grief. Even a easy child locked up with an armed old man would have my sympathy but a special needs kid?? It makes me sick to think of it. DDD

buddy

Yeah, the family says he has Aspergers/ADHD. The news is reporting he is crying for his mommy, daddy and grandparents. I have been crying all day about this. I would be so so frantic. Can you imagine? I pray for his safety and recovery after this.

DDD

I had not heard about any diagnosis. and then today it was "autistic". Good Grief I "know" ADHD/Aspergers in young boys. been there done that. How totally tragic. I'm assuming they have ongoing electronic communications set up..somehow? DDD

tiredmommy

The kidnapper and negotiators are speaking through a long PVC pipe. My heart breaks for that little boy and his family.

TerryJ2

I know. Misery piled on top of misery. So tragic. All they can do it wait and hope that the kidnapper gives up and comes out. I've seen so many posts after news articles saying that the police should throw in some kind of gas, but there is no way you can predict whether that will hurt or kill the kid. It's a no-win situation.
It's heartbreaking.I cannot imagine what those parents are going through.

DDD

If the parents had opted not to medicate the boy he likely would not still be alive, in my humble opinion. Having a hyperkinetic kid in such a tight space with an ill old man with-o medications...yikes. I was really relieved to hear that his medications were allowed by the kidnaper. Sigh. DDD

DDD

That was interesting. Thanks for sharing. I was fearful that the man was a child molester since he had intended to get two little boys. It is a relief that he evidently is not physically harming the child. I expect that in the next few days he will either blow up the bunker or..hopefully...let the boy go and then take his own life. I am not forgetting that child or his family. DDD

witzend

You have to know that school bus driver is a true hero. They don't make squat. They do it because they care.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
This scares me so much I can't even comprehend what the parents or that poor kid are going through.

tiredmommy

I know Duckie's bus driver would have sacrificed himself to save a child. Many bus drivers are retired but want/need to work part time. Most actually love kids because it's not a job for the feint of heart.

TerryJ2

I heard a report that said the guy was asking for a reporter but I'm thinking it was "recorder." Not sure. Either way he's wanting to talk.

Drones are flying overhead. I found this on Wiki: Remote sensing UAV remote sensing functions include electromagnetic spectrum sensors, gamma ray sensors, biological sensors, and chemical sensors. A UAV's electromagnetic sensors typically include visual spectrum, infrared, or near infrared cameras as well as radar systems. Other electromagnetic wave detectors such as microwave and ultraviolet spectrum sensors may also be used, but are uncommon. Biological sensors are sensors capable of detecting the airborne presence of various microorganisms and other biological factors. Chemical sensors use laser spectroscopy to analyze the concentrations of each element in the air.

JJJ

I check constantly. My heart breaks for this little boy and his family. Even if he is rescued, their lives are forever scarred.

Kathy813

Staff member
I can't imagine trying to concentrate of driving safely at the same time I am supposed to be monitoring what is going on in the back of the bus. I don't know how school bus drivers do it.

That man was truly a hero. While he was confronting the gunman, most of the students on the bus were able to escape out of the emergency exit.

~Kathy

Last edited:

cubsgirl

What a sad and horrible situation....my prayers are with the child and family and the bus driver's family.

buddy

That's exactly what Q would have needed. He had a bucket of hot wheels and he lined them up all over the house making his "parking lots". He would need his cars to spin the wheels and drive around. That just hit me really hard to hear they sent him his hot wheel car.

They said his birthday is in three days.....Maybe they can appeal to this guy to let him out for his birthday. By now he has to be thinking of offing himself because he knows this wont end without his being taken into custody...I wish he'd just let the kid go.

rejectedmom

Oh Buddy me too! My easy child/difficult child used to line his matchbox up on the seat of a wooden chair and no one could move them or he would cry. If they weren't in the parking lot he was flying them around the house. I so relate to this little fella and hope and pray for the best possible outcome. -RM