Computer Repair Man (funny)

shellyd67

I have been having trouble with my laptop for a month or so.

Last month Dell sent out a repair tech to repair the problem.

Prior to him coming to my home, he called me numerous times and was very loopy and confused.

Honestly he was really wearing on my nerves with all the calls.

He finally arrived and was a disaster. He must have called my name atleast 30 times during the repair.

As I began to converse with him I knew he was an Aspie. He began speaking about things that made no sense and was very repetitive, etc.

He was unable to fix my laptop so it was sent out to Dell for the repair.

When it was returned to me, it was not repaired so I began to process with Dell again.

The repair tech began his phone calls to me again and we set up for him to come out yesterday.

When he arrived he remembered everything about the repair, my dog, what I made for dinner, etc.

He began calling my name over and over and was at our house for over 2 hours. husband sat at the table with him and had a nice conversation.

I excused myself and went up to bed. husband said he called my name 3 more times and each time husband said, J she went up to bed remember ? LOL

Let's hope my laptop is fixed this time ! I have to call my provider because of security codes and I am unable to get on line ....

susiestar

Roll With It
Sounds like he sure was an Aspie, or high functioning autistic. Computer repairs can be incredibly frustrating, can't they?? At least the guy remembered what he did before and didn't make you do it all over again. I hope it works now and gives you no further problems!

Marguerite

Sometimes a computer problem is not easy to fix. But I suspect increasingly, we'll be using Aspies & autistics in these areas. As they get older their social skills generally do continue to improve.

Marg

M

Mamaof5

I don't know what to think, I don't get what's funny? Am I humor dense here, missing it....is it a general joke or experience you just had?

I'm in mind fog right now, maybe I took the post wrong but I don't see anything funny, especially when it concerns autism or aspie natures and ticks. I live with autism every day (my 5 yr old is Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and 7 year old is suspected aspie). I must not get it...

shellyd67

Let me please apologize if I offended anyone. I certainly was not meant a funny ha-ha let's make fun of the computer repair tech! I guess I found it "endearing or cute" that he just wanted to deal with me after husband spent 2 hours conversing with him. Believe me mamof5 I deal with my difficult child's problems on a daily basis as well and if I offended you or anyone else.... I truly apologize. Shelly

M

Mamaof5

Let me please apologize if I offended anyone. I certainly was not meant a funny ha-ha let's make fun of the computer repair tech! I guess I found it "endearing or cute" that he just wanted to deal with me after husband spent 2 hours conversing with him. Believe me mamof5 I deal with my difficult child's problems on a daily basis as well and if I offended you or anyone else.... I truly apologize. Shelly

I didn't mean my request for clarification on what you meant to sound mean or b!tchy. Apology accepted and I apologize if I sounded crass, rude or worse b!tchy. It's an extremely touchy subject for me admittedly and sometimes I really should stop and thing before I post or say something. I've seen my baby girl go through some really nasty things because of her autism. My Evil sister in law has called her a monster child to her face, yelled at her to f-off and get out of her house because of her autism. The public school recently burned her after 5 days of school (from day one actually) and I had to fight to transfer her to a school for exceptional children and make numerous complaints to school board, Autism Ontario and Children's Advocacy Project among others. I guess it's still fresh and stings a lot right now. The new school she goes to has been the first set of adults that treat her normally, for who she is. I'm overtly sensitive and now that I understand what you meant I can see how enduring that can be. Auties are very enduring people, charming as well. They are awesome people to be around in all honestly.

Some of things they come up with is amazing and awe inspiring. Especially their love of what they are passionate about. Most Auties have a knack for data entry and numbers as well as computers. They are very efficient with technology actually. Music is Wevil's specialty, she (at age 5) can strum a guitar as if she's been learning how to play all her life without a single lesson!!! She watches me play and can pretty much mimic what I play!!!

Jena

Shelly being we come from the world in which we do, yes to me it's funny. Wasn't about the diagnosis was just about yet another interesting experience in our ever similar worlds and how you who is someone who has experience with-all this picked up on it whereas someone else wouldnt' of handled it well because of lack of knowledge!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shelly thanks for the chuckle.

That would've been Travis.........except for calling your name over and over. lol And yeah, he's a computer tech. He gets computers more than he gets people........and he can socialize via computer much more easily than in person, although he still has issues.

Only if it had been Travis.........he'd have joined you for dinner while continuing to fix the computer. He wouldn't have left until it was finished. :rofl: