concerned for my son

C

concernedparent

hes almost 7 last year i was told he had odd and he didnt do real good in school
this year hes in 1st and in diff school, hes doin a lil better and i was told in feb he has add too now. waitin to get him on medications not sure if good idea but i guess if it will help, last 2 days hes been in real trouble at school and ever since dec hes been stealin any where we go so now i cant take him anywhere i wont let him i just wanted to know if anyone has any tips...

DazedandConfused

Hi Concerned Parent. Welcome.

Who, exactly, determined that your son is odd/add? Many of us started, me included, with that diagnoses only to find that is only the tip of the iceberg.

C

concernedparent

my caseworker at first said he had odd and then i ended takin him to the child pycholigist in town and he confirmed it and then said in feb that he has add based on what i have said and what his teacher this year says. last year in kindergarden my son was a bully he got suspended several times and almost got expelled. this year hes hit n punched n thrown kid down in snow but mainly its the stealin that is buggin me. i have talked to him and so have other ppl. i really dont to see my 6 yr old on house arrest or probatoin.