concerta not working?...

Hi all my daughter is on 36 ml of concerta things have been amazing since october
now the past couple weeks we are almost back to the same way we were since before medications
do they go through phases?...is it possible medications are not working?..how do I know?...

sandman3

I would recommend a dr. visit to discuss the medications. Our kids bodies change all the time, medications lose their effectiveness, tolerances are built, etc....a dr. visit certainly wouldn't hurt and you might get the answers you are looking for. Personally, I've seen that happen to mine several times with different medications, one day their working and the next, I might as well be giving them sugar pills!

K

Kjs

when my difficult child started on Concerta last fall, psychiatrist said 36mg. for two weeks then TWO each day. i didn't want to go that high, so psychiatrist gave a script for 54mg's. That is what he takes most of the time.

once in a while if we are out of 54mg's, I still have some 36mg's. psychiatrist said I can give him two. Since it is quick in and quick out. he has tolerated that well also.

Some days I see or hear from school he is doing great. Then there are the other days...