Concerta - now available in generic!

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
YAY!! Got difficult child's refill today and was sooooo happy it was $10 and not $40!

PARSIPPANY, N.J., May 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: WPI) today confirmed that its subsidiary, Watson Laboratories, Inc., has launched an authorized generic version of Concerta® (methylphenidate hydrochloride extended-release tablets) as part of an exclusive agreement with Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OMJPI). Watson began shipping the product today. Concerta is approved for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children ages 6 to 17 and in adults 18 to 65, as part of a total treatment program that may include counseling or other therapies.

More at: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/watson-launches-generic-concerta-121076394.html

shellyd67

I heard that too Jules. I actually was talking to our local pharmacist about Vyvanse and she told me about the generic of Concerta becoming available.

Our RX plan ONLY covers Adderall so we pay out of pocket no matter what but the generic form (if we stick with Concerta) will be cheaper I am sure.