Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige Fisher

Thank you to all that responded.

My son is now back from Residential Treatment Center (RTC). So far, he is doing pretty well. Testing me a little to see what he can get away with. One of the things I wanted to mention is the drugs they have him on. He is on Seroquel 300mg, Straterra 60 mg, and Celexa 20mg. I was concerned about the dosing of the Seroquel and had him taken off of it and put on Trazadone 50 mg. He went crazy when they took him off the Seroquel - couldn't be around people, everything irritated him. Most any type of stiumulation was too much for him. So he went back on Seroquel 300mg. He is doing better now - more stable. He no longer is depressed or suicidal since being on Celexa. I am not sure if the Straterra is working or not. He just started school again.

We will be following with a child psychiatrist and counselor for him and our family. They diagnosed him with OD, ADHD inattentive type, severe depression with suicidal ideation. I can also follow up with his pediatrician and see about him referring to a neuropsychologist doctor.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback from the group. I appreciate it.

Paige

J

jensfishin

Hi There
I am finding this discussion very over-whelming and frightening. My son has recently (within the past three weeks) been diagnosed with early onset mild conduct disorder with some signs of ODD and we are working very hard at extreme behavior modification in our home and some days are good days. When we are not having a good day though...

I have been following this thread since last night and have read most of the posts and am crying now as I type...will my son need a residential treatment facillity, have trouble with the law and end up in jail. Can't somebody tell me that this is going to be okay and he is going to have a happy successful life...Please

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Jensfishin, if you notice the post you responded too is several years old.
Start a new thread to tell your story.
The members will be able to welcome you and share what their experiences have been and offer some suggestions.
Hugs. Remember nothing is as good as you expect and nothing is as bad as you expect.

TerryJ2

Hi Paige, welcome.
I know the feeling of seeing a kid in a movie and thinking, "I never want a kid like that." Oh, well.
You've gotten some great responses here--lots of information. I hope you can answer some of the questions so we can better help you.
I have to agree, that CD is usually diagnosis'ed much later. I would not use that label at this point. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.