Connor Surgery Good Thoughts Plz

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My lil connor man is currently in surgery to correct the muscles of his eyes to correct the lazy eye. (eyes he has it with both) So please if you would, just a good thought or a little prayer.

Connor holds a special place in my heart because he's a miniature version of Travis. I hope he doesn't have an issue with the anesthetic. And I really hope easy child and sister in law don't have issues helping keep him calm and quiet post op as he is pretty definitely autistic. (strange environment, strange people doing stuff to him, feeling cruddy ect ect)

I have Darrin and Brandon here helping me clean (this is actually something Darrin loves to do with me, go figure) and finding "treasures" to take home while they're at it. If it warms up we'll be working in the flower garden this afternoon.

But my mind is on Connor.

Thanks

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm praying too. The pictures she posted of him this morning are absolutely adorable!

I look the same way on Versed...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL He hadn't had the versed yet I don't think. That's his usual adorable "look".

I love all my grandkids like crazy. I have some I'm closer to than others. But Connor man has stolen his Nana's heart lock stock and barrel. And yeah, I know it's cuz he's "special" he's a difficult child. :) I dunno why, but they get me every time. lol

donna723

Aw, bless his little heart! He is absolutely adorable! I know what a worry it is but I'm so glad to hear that he's out of surgery now and doing well.

buddy

Just saw this, hope he recovers well. I remember when you first wondered about this, I didn't know they found he does have autism, bless his heart. Also wishing the surgery is very successful.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Just saw my lil connor man when easy child and sister in law came to pick up the boys.

After this procedure it's common for their tears to be bloody. I know that, been there done that with Travis at 2. It doesn't mean anything horrible or anything, it's just normal drainage. But it got me, bam!, right in the chest did like it did with Travis. Intellectually one might know it's really "nothing" but to see it on a toddler is a whole other thing entirely.

But he seems to be doing well. A bit fussy but that is to be expected.

Thanks for all the positive vibes ect. :)

Sometimes it doesn't matter what you know rationally, your heart just takes over. I'm sure I would need an entire box of tissues if I saw Connor right after surgery too and I've never met him before.

Keeping him in my thoughts and praying his recovery is as quick as possible with as little pain as possible. Hugs... SFR

DammitJanet

Lisa...didnt you say you have Native blood in you? If so, that could be one of the reasons you have problems with anesthesia. I never knew about it but after Cory had his surgery back when he was 4, they came out to us and asked us what race he was. I said well he is half white and have indian why? They said oh gosh...and they lady ran back to the recovery room. It seems that Cory was having a really hard time coming out from being under and they couldnt figure out why but it seems that lots of Native Americans have an issue with anesthesia so they have to use something special. What I dont know. Now I do think it matters more if its a longer surgery too. Cory has had short surgeries where he was only under for like 20 minutes and it didnt happen but this first surgery was 11 hours and it took them 5 hours to get him to come to in the recovery room. Believe me, we were scared to death that something had happened to him. We were the last set of people left in the waiting room.